Regional Boards > Pacific Southwest

Should Tijuana be a Control City on I-5 signs in San Diego?

(1/11) > >>

Lytton:
Whenever I always drive across the bridge, I notice that the signs for I-5 South have no control cities. Just 5 north.  :hmmm:

Should they add Tijuana to the I-5 signs so it can tell new drivers to the San Diego area. I also think it should have MX at the end so it would be.

Tijuana MX

What do you think?

nexus73:
Makes sense to me!

Rick

FreewayDan:

--- Quote from: Lytton on March 20, 2013, 09:33:22 PM ---Whenever I always drive across the bridge, I notice that the signs for I-5 South have no control cities. Just 5 north.  :hmmm:

Should they add Tijuana to the I-5 signs so it can tell new drivers to the San Diego area. I also think it should have MX at the end so it would be.

Tijuana MX

What do you think?

--- End quote ---

The control city for southbound I-5 south of downtown San Diego to Route 905 should be San Ysidro; Tijuana or International Border would then be the control city south of Route 905.

broadhurst04:
If Vancouver, BC can be the control city for northbound 5 in Seattle, then there's no reason that Tijuana shouldn't be the control city for southbound 5 in San Diego. It's silly not to acknowlege it.

FreewayDan:

--- Quote from: broadhurst04 on March 20, 2013, 10:40:36 PM ---If Vancouver, BC can be the control city for northbound 5 in Seattle, then there's no reason that Tijuana shouldn't be the control city for southbound 5 in San Diego. It's silly not to acknowlege it.

--- End quote ---

And there's a reason why its Vancouver, BC; so that people do not confuse it with Vancouver, WA, outside Portland, OR.  There had been some talk about renaming Vancouver, WA, to either Fort Vancouver, Vancouver USA, or even Old Vancouver, but those plans went nowhere.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version