News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania

Started by Alex, March 07, 2009, 07:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 9:  SR 2019 over US 22

(For US 6/US 209)  PennDOT - District 4 News: PennDOT Announces Online Plans Display for the SR 6, Section 451 over Delaware River Bridge Rehabilitation Project in Matamoras Borough, Pike County, PA & City of Port Jervis, Orange County, NY

QuoteDunmore, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) invites the public to a plans display regarding the SR 6, Section 451, over Delaware River Bridge Rehabilitation Project. This plans display will be held online.

The purpose of the project is to provide a sustainable crossing over the Delaware River that provides a two-lane bridge, addresses structural deficiencies, and provides continued access to local residents, businesses, and emergency services.

The SR 6 Section 451 project involves improvements to the crossing of SR 6 over the Delaware River in Matamoras Borough, Pike County, PA and the City of Port Jervis, Orange County, NY. The project proposes to replace the deck and sidewalks of the existing bridge with a new concrete deck and sidewalks. Additional structure work being proposed includes structural steel repairs, complete painting of the bridge, installation of new expansion joints, and repair to deteriorated portions of the substructures. Roadway improvements associated with the project include full-depth reconstruction only in the vicinity of the bridge, providing lane and shoulder widths meeting current design criteria. Additionally, new pavement markings will be provided throughout the project limits. Utility conflicts are not anticipated for this project. New drainage features will be added to the bridge deck and off-structure roadway drainage updated as necessary.
The existing bridge is not historic and does not contribute to any adjacent historic districts. No significant historical or cultural resources are present within the project site. There are no wetlands present within the project limits and no other environmentally sensitive resources will be affected by the project.

The bridge rehabilitation is expected to be constructed in three stages while maintaining both lanes of traffic at all times. Access to adjacent driveways and intersections will be maintained throughout the duration of the project, however, some turning movements associated with Delaware Drive will be restricted during certain stages of the project. Construction is expected to begin during the summer of 2024 and extend through 2025.
The plans display will be held online and will be available from January 6, 2023 to February 3, 2023. Online information, including detailed project information and comment form can be found by visiting the following PennDOT District 4-0 website: SR 6 Section 451 Bridge Project (pa.gov).
The purpose of the plans display is to introduce the project, display and describe the planned traffic control, and receive public input regarding questions or concerns with the project.
The project documents can be made available in alternative languages or formats if requested. If you need translation/interpretation services or have special needs or have special concerns that require individual attention, contact Summer Koziel, PennDOT Project Manager, at 570-963-4048 or skoziel@pa.gov.

Pursuant to Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, PennDOT does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, or disability. If you feel that you have been denied the benefits of, or participation in a PennDOT program or activity, you may contact the PennDOT, Bureau of Equal Opportunity, DBE/Title VI Division at 717-787-5891.
Motorists can check conditions on major roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
Subscribe to PennDOT news and traffic alerts in Lackawanna, Luzerne, Pike, Susquehanna, Wayne and Wyoming counties at www.penndot.gov/District4.
Information about infrastructure in District 4, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.gov/D4Results.
Follow local PennDOT news on Twitter and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.

MEDIA CONTACT: Jessica Ruddy, 570-963-4044

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 03, 2023, 10:19:27 AM
Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 28, 2022, 01:17:07 PM
(For PA 75)  PennDOT - District 2 News: PennDOT Announces Closure Date for Port Royal Bridge

(For PA 75)  PennDOT - District 2 News: PennDOT Delays Closure of Port Royal Bridge Until Thursday

QuoteAs the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) and the Norfolk Southern Railroad continue coordination for repair work on a Route 75 bridge in Port Royal, a second delay for closing the bridge has become necessary. No new date has been set for the closure. PennDOT will issue an update on this project before the bridge is closed and the detour goes into effect.
Once closed, PennDOT anticipates the bridge remaining closed through June 30 while the contractor demolishes and replaces portions of the superstructure, which spans the Norfolk Southern Railroad in Port Royal.

Preliminary work started last September with the demolition of a two-story building on Second Street in Port Royal. Overall work on the project involves partial removal of the existing structure and construction of its replacement, approach paving, drainage improvements, water and sewer line replacements, sidewalk and guide rail replacement, pavement marking and miscellaneous construction. HRI, Inc. of State College is the contractor on this $4 million project.

Motorists are encouraged to "Know Before They Go" by checking conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.

Subscribe to PennDOT news in Cameron, Centre, Clearfield, Clinton, Elk, Juniata, McKean, Mifflin, and Potter counties at www.penndot.gov/District2.

Information about infrastructure in District 2, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.gov/D2Results.

Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.
Follow PennDOT on Twitter and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.

MEDIA CONTACT:  Marla Fannin, 814-765-0423  mfannin@pa.gov

(For PA 82 ALT TRUCK) PennDOT - District 6 News: Bridge Repair to Begin on Gum Tree Road in Highland Township

QuoteKing of Prussia, PA — The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) announced today that construction will begin on the Gum Tree Road bridge over branch of Doe Run in Highland Township, Chester County under a project to repair 17 bridges in Bucks, Chester, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties that sustained serious damage from the remnants of Hurricane Ida in September 2021.

Motorists are advised of the following travel restriction:

Friday, January 20, through early February, a 24/7 road closure is scheduled on Gum Tree Road between Friends Meeting House Road and Gibble Road. During the closure, motorists are directed to use Route 10 (Limestone Road/Church Street), Route 372 (First Avenue/Valley Road/Strasburg Road), and southbound Route 82 (Doe Run Road).
Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area because backups and delays will occur. Local access will be maintained up to the construction zone. The schedule is weather dependent.

Loftus Construction, Inc. of Cinnaminson, NJ, is the general contractor on this $3.2 million bridge repair project, which is financed with 80% federal and 20% state funds.

PennDOT's contractor will address undermining or scour by repairing and reinforcing the support systems and foundations of the 17 damaged structures to maintain them as safe and efficient crossings for the traveling public.

Motorists can check conditions on major roadways by visiting www.511PA.com or downloading the 511PA mobile application. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.

For a complete list of construction projects impacting state-owned highways in Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties, visit the District 6 Traffic Bulletin.

Information about infrastructure in District 6, including completed work and significant projects, is available at www.penndot.pa.gov/D6Results. Find PennDOT's planned and active construction projects at www.projects.penndot.gov.

Subscribe to PennDOT District 6 news and traffic alerts at www.penndot.pa.gov/District6.

Follow PennDOT on Twitter and like the department on Facebook and Instagram.
I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

I am now a PennDOT employee.  My opinions/views do not necessarily reflect the opinions/views of PennDOT.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

PennDOT - District 5 News: PennDOT Announces Plans Display for Lincoln Drive Bridge Project in Rush Township, Schuylkill County

(For US 202) PennDOT - District 6 News: New Traffic Pattern Planned Next Week on U.S. 202, Johnson Highway Under Widening Project in Montgomery County

(For PA 18 and PA 358)  PennDOT - District 1 News: PennDOT Announces Online Plans Display for Route 18 and Routes 18/358 Intersection Improvements in Greenville, Mercer County

(For PA 443)  PennDOT - District 5 News: Schuylkill County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Schuylkill
Municipality:  Schuylkill Haven Borough
Road name:  PA 443/Columbia Street
Between:  Main Street   and St. James Street
Type of work:  Bridge Repair
Work being done by:  PennDOT Contractor
Type of restriction:  Daytime
Restriction:  There will be several short term (10-15 min) traffic stoppages for bridge beam setting. This work is related to the ongoing PA 443 Bridge Replacement project. Please use caution and expect delays.
Start date:  1/16/23
Est completion date:  1/17/23
Restrictions in effect (time of day):  09:00 AM To 05:00 PM
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 

(For PA 724) PennDOT - District 5 News: PennDOT Announces Plans Display for PA 724 Bridge Project in Robeson Township, Berks County

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

CE Expert System:

District 1:

US 20: Schiley Rd to Harborcreek

Mainly mentioned for this:

QuoteThe intersection of US 20 and SR 430 (PA 430) will be evaluated due to vehicles striking the pole on the Southeast corner.

US 62 Bridge over Fox Run

District 4:

West Lackawanna Ave. Bridge over Conrail Railroad

District 6:

PA 32 o/Trib Delaware River

(For PA 23 and PA 113)  SR 23 Corridor Safety Improvments Chester Co.

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

Mr_Northside

Quote from: 74/171FAN on January 19, 2023, 11:13:56 AM
(For US 22)  PennDOT - District 10 News: U.S. 22 Rolling Closure for Utility Installation

A little interesting in that press release that they refer to those un-numbered exists with what would (I'm assuming) be their exit numbers based on mileage if they were to number the exits.
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

74/171FAN

famartin

Quote from: Mr_Northside on January 19, 2023, 05:16:46 PM
(For US 22)  PennDOT - District 10 News: U.S. 22 Rolling Closure for Utility Installation

A little interesting in that press release that they refer to those un-numbered exists with what would (I'm assuming) be their exit numbers based on mileage if they were to number the exits.

Maybe there's a secret plan to install exit numbers? 😂

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

sbeaver44

Quote from: famartin on January 24, 2023, 03:22:19 PM

Maybe there's a secret plan to install exit numbers?
I wish PA would number major non-interstate freeways with exit numbers.  Ohio does it. 

tylert120

Quote from: sbeaver44 on January 29, 2023, 02:13:57 AM

I wish PA would number major non-interstate freeways with exit numbers.  Ohio does it.

A handful around the state exist. For example, SR 28 is numbered from Pittsburgh to Kittanning.

MATraveler128

Quote from: tylert120 on January 29, 2023, 10:37:21 AM
Quote from: sbeaver44 on January 29, 2023, 02:13:57 AM

A handful around the state exist. For example, SR 28 is numbered from Pittsburgh to Kittanning.

I'd like to see PA 28 and US 6 northeast of Scranton switch to mileage based numbers, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.
Decommission 128 south of Peabody!

Lowest untraveled number: 56

tylert120

Me too. I was hoping with all the various construction projects on SR 28 (from Highland Park bridge all the way to Creighton) this year, they might consider that change since all the signage in that large stretch was going to be replaced anyway. 

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

74/171FAN

sbeaver44

Re: numbered exits in PA, the road I specifically had in mind is US 15.  It now has exit numbers north of Williamsport, presumably because of the Future I-99.  But I would love them south of Harrisburg/Camp Hill as well.

I wish PA 33, US 22's expressways WV-Pittsburgh, Ebensburg-Duncansville, Lewistown-Harrisburg, and Allentown-Easton, all of US 15, US 219 south of Ebensburg, US 30's expressways York-Lancaster and Coatesville-Exton, and expressway portions of US 202, PA 283, US 6, US 119, US 222, US 322, and US 422 had numbered exits.

It's so much easier to tell someone "hey go to Exit 8"  instead of "take the PA 97 Baltimore Street exit"

PA 581 has exit numbers, and they're technically sequential but so close to mileage based anyway, as it's 6 exits over 7-8 miles.  So I sort of forgot some of the other state highways that have exits are sequential.

Anyway, on this subject, what's the deal with Western PA doing the "Exit A"  and "Exit B"  with no number like on the Indiana Bypass?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.