News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Least Hated Freeway in America

Started by Roadgeekteen, July 12, 2021, 09:29:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: 1 on July 13, 2021, 07:15:24 PM

Quote from: kphoger on July 13, 2021, 06:48:16 PM

Quote from: thspfc on July 13, 2021, 06:33:49 PM
I-27 because nobody drives it so therefore nobody hates it.

Think about it.  Have you ever heard anyone complain about I-27?  I never have.

"needs to be extended"

So...  what you're saying is...  people love I-27 so much, they wish they could have EVEN MORE of it!
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Flint1979

I drove I-81 all the way from Harrisonburg, Virginia to it's southern terminus and it was a bottleneck of trucks the day I drove it. Started to get pretty frustrating.

index

Quote from: Henry on July 13, 2021, 10:33:56 AM
I-81 in Appalachia, as it's far more scenic than I-95 and avoids all the large cities that the latter 2di passes through.

I actually hate being on I-81, especially in Virginia. It's in a valley so it's a massive tease compared to the scenery you can get driving on something like I-77 in the state instead. Sure, it looks better than I-95, but IMO that's not saying much. There's only a handful of spots I actually considered impressive. Because of that, I find it really, really, really boring. It just drags on.

That, and as other posters have mentioned, the trucks.
I love my 2010 Ford Explorer.

Counties traveled

JayhawkCO

Quote from: Bruce on July 14, 2021, 03:32:55 AM
Quote from: jayhawkco on July 13, 2021, 10:36:02 AM
I-H3.

It's gorgeous, and both visitors and Hawai'ians don't find it possible to hate much when you're in Hawai'i.

Chris

Lots of people on the island hate it for being overpriced and immensely destructive to the local environment. Also it took out a few sacred Native Hawaiʻian sites, even after it was rerouted to avoid others.

http://archives.starbulletin.com/97/12/04/news/story3.html

Thanks for the info.  Had no idea.

Chris

US 89

Quote from: Avalanchez71 on July 13, 2021, 11:28:24 AM
I-70 through the San Rafael Swell.  However, the route was much nicer when it was a super two.

I don't think the second carriageway was necessary concerning traffic volumes, but I don't see how it can make the highway less nice...

Road Hog

I-49 in Arkansas seems quite welcomed rather than hated. That will change after another 500,000 Californians and Texans relocate there.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.