News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dkblake

Did round trip from VT to MI in October, and the last state line crossover was US 4 from NY to VT. I recently moved to VT and have family to the west, and all the different, fairly logical ways to cross state lines to get from Burlington to I-87 are pretty exciting.
2dis clinched: 8, 17, 69(original), 71, 72, 78, 81, 84(E), 86(E), 88(E), 89, 91, 93, 97

Mob-rule: http://www.mob-rule.com/user-gifs/USA/dblake.gif

ozarkman417

In my recent Tennessee trip, I entered and left MO, IL, and KY on US-60. The only time I left a state on one road and reentered it on another was KY/TN, where I left KY to TN on US 127, and reentered it on US 41 ALT.

Flint1979

The last week I have been in 6 different states.

Left Michigan/Entered Indiana on I-69.
Left Indiana/Entered Kentucky on US-41.
Left Kentucky/Entered Tennessee on I-24.
Left Tennesee/Entered Kentucky on US-641.
Left Kentucky/Entered Illinois on I-24.
Left Illinois/Entered Kentucky on US-45.
Left Kentucky/Entered Indiana on US-41.
Left Indiana/Entered Ohio on I-70.
Left Ohio/Entered Michigan on US-23.

TheHighwayMan3561

self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

hbelkins

Quote from: Tom958 on November 09, 2020, 06:41:34 AM
This is sad. Have I really not left the state since December of 2019? I've been doing photo excursions around Georgia, so I guess not.

Went from my home at Lawrenceville, GA to Lexington, KY to see my daughter and son-in-law. Left via I-75, taking it all the way up, but returned via US 23-441, having come through Cumberland Gap.

What was your route after passing through Cumberland Gap? Logical one is 25E-81-40-276-23, but 58-23 is also feasible.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

GaryV

We went out of state for the first time in 14 or 15 months today.  Left on I-75 and returned on US-23.

Flint1979

Last time I left Michigan on US-23.
Returned to Michigan on US-127.

SkyPesos

Last time I left the state, crossed the I-275 eastern Ohio River bridge from OH to KY, then came back from KY to OH on I-71/75.

Buck87

Friday: Left Ohio into Kentucky on I-75
Wednesday: returned to Ohio from West Virginia on I-77

Flint1979

Left Michigan/entered Ohio on US-23.
Left Ohio/entered Michigan on I-75.

JayhawkCO

On my last, epic 3,000 mile road trip I just went on, I left CO on US287/385 to enter Oklahoma and re-entered (sadly) on I-70 from Kansas.

Chris

US 89

CapeCodder

US 89

keithvh

I live in Colorado, my last 4 big road trips, all since the pandemic started:

May - trip to Wyoming.  Left Colorado on US-85, into Wyoming.  Re-entered on I-25 from Wyoming.

August - trip to Michigan, Ohio & Kentucky.  Left Colorado on I-76, into Nebraska.  Re-entered on K-96 from Kansas.

September - trip to SoCal.  Left Colorado on US-285, into New Mexico.  Re-entered on US-40 from Utah.

December - trip to Michigan.  Left Colorado on I-76, into Nebraska.  Re-entered on US-34 from Nebraska.

kphoger

Quote from: keithvh on January 26, 2021, 12:13:49 PM

May - trip to Wyoming.  Left Colorado on US-85, into Wyoming.  Re-entered on I-25 from Wyoming.

August - trip to Michigan, Ohio & Kentucky.  Left Colorado on I-76, into Nebraska.  Re-entered on K-96 from Kansas.

September - trip to SoCal.  Left Colorado on US-285, into New Mexico.  Re-entered on US-40 from Utah.

December - trip to Michigan.  Left Colorado on I-76, into Nebraska.  Re-entered on US-34 from Nebraska.

Good for you!  All four trips entered/exited on different routes.  That's a true roadgeek, there.   :nod:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

JMoses24

The last time I left Oklahoma by car, going down to Dallas, I exited and entered on I-35.

keithvh

Quote from: kphoger on January 26, 2021, 12:35:05 PM

Good for you!  All four trips entered/exited on different routes.  That's a true roadgeek, there.   :nod:

Not technically - I exited Colorado on I-76 twice.  But yes, I try to take different routes for different trips.

The Eastern Plains of Colorado are what they are.  Pretty in their own way, but usually I just want to get beyond them.  I-76 serves it purpose on that front.

kphoger

Quote from: keithvh on January 26, 2021, 01:18:55 PM

Quote from: kphoger on January 26, 2021, 12:35:05 PM

Not technically - I exited Colorado on I-76 twice.  But yes, I try to take different routes for different trips.

The Eastern Plains of Colorado are what they are.  Pretty in their own way, but usually I just want to get beyond them.  I-76 serves it purpose on that front.

I actually meant that each trip had a different exit route than its entrance point.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

keithvh

Quote from: kphoger on January 26, 2021, 02:06:45 PM
I actually meant that each trip had a different exit route than its entrance point.

Gotcha.  :-)  Misread you, sorry.

sprjus4

bassoon1986

MikeTheActuary

Last week, my wife wanted to run errands before a doctor's appointment.  We were very early and needed to kill time.  So, we left Connecticut for the first time since last March, driving to I-84 Exit 1 in Massachusetts, and then turning around and going back to her appointment.

Side note:  VMS for eastbound traffic on I-84 just over the state line cautions about exit numbers changing soon.

JayhawkCO

Left Colorado on CO159 onto NM522, returned the same way.

Chris

Flint1979

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.