News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

New York Yankees Fan Returns Lost Boston Red Sox Title Ring

Started by Henry, July 28, 2014, 04:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Henry

It's not too common to hear a story like this:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11274707/new-york-yankees-fan-returns-lost-boston-red-sox-title-ring

Seeing that these two teams are longtime rivals, I see this as a rare display of goodwill. Could you imagine a Dodgers fan returning a lost Giants ring? Me neither.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

The Nature Boy

He got free tickets to Jeter's last game at Fenway. Considering the market value of those tickets, it's an even trade.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: The Nature Boy on July 28, 2014, 11:21:55 PM
He got free tickets to Jeter's last game at Fenway. Considering the market value of those tickets, it's an even trade.

Considering Jeter's likelihood to end his season on the DL before then, it's not a sure bet.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: Pete from Boston on July 29, 2014, 07:36:34 AM

Considering Jeter's likelihood to end his season on the DL before then, it's not a sure bet.

Considering how many people have practically mortgaged their houses for tickets to that final game at Yankee Stadium, the team should consider just benching him until the end of the year.

It would be interesting to see what happens if Jeter spends the last two weeks of the season on the DL. Lots of angry people I assume.

Pete from Boston

Quote from: The Nature Boy on July 29, 2014, 09:54:04 AM

Considering how many people have practically mortgaged their houses for tickets to that final game at Yankee Stadium, the team should consider just benching him until the end of the year.

It would be interesting to see what happens if Jeter spends the last two weeks of the season on the DL. Lots of angry people I assume.

Have you priced everyday non-Jeter-retiring tickets at Yankee Stadium lately?  Banks are offering home equity loans in one, three, or five game packages.

The Nature Boy

Quote from: Pete from Boston on July 29, 2014, 10:05:13 AM

Have you priced everyday non-Jeter-retiring tickets at Yankee Stadium lately?  Banks are offering home equity loans in one, three, or five game packages.

:-D

I have, that's why I can't imagine how much Jeter-retiring tickets will be fetching in the scalping market by September (if he stays healthy).

triplemultiplex

They'll still wheel him out there to bunt or something.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Pete from Boston

Quote from: triplemultiplex on July 31, 2014, 12:43:10 PM

They'll still wheel him out there to bunt or something.

Any Yankee with more than ten years of service (should that ever happen again) has a club-option requirement for at least one Magical Momentâ„¢.  Lifers like Jeter get ascending bonuses for extras, including a mandatory Last At-Batâ„¢.  Occasionally a shorter-term guy like David Cone or David Wells agrees to throw a perfect game, but since Mussina blew it they don't really offer that anymore.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.