News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Radical College Football Revamp Proposal

Started by CoreySamson, October 17, 2020, 05:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on July 24, 2021, 02:49:22 AM
Kansas adds absolutely nothing to the B1G for football, in fact their football program is so useless I'm not sure their elite hoops program can salvage bringing that turd into the fold. Academically, though they would be a fit. I have seen suggestions that bringing the Kansas City market into the B1G may be attractive.

Change KU to UK, and B1G to SEC, and you have Kentucky's ongoing situation since time immemorial. UK brings the Cincinnati and Charleston/Huntington TV markets, though, as well as the Louisville market.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: jp the roadgeek on July 23, 2021, 09:59:26 PM
If any school deserves to be demoted to the AAC, it's either BC or Rutgers.  Neither has come within a thousand miles of the CFP and BC basketball has become a laughingstock.  Louisville has been competitive in both sports.

Conference alignment is just as much about TV markets as competitiveness, and the ACC is not giving up Boston nor is the BIG giving up New York.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on July 23, 2021, 11:22:23 PM
I do agree that college football needs a postseason larger than the current one.

The last three years the #4 team has gotten absolutely destroyed by the #1 team in the semifinal. Do we really need to see the #8 team losing by 50 to the #1 team?
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.