News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Changing one letter of a thread title

Started by hotdogPi, January 31, 2021, 09:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on May 17, 2022, 02:20:58 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 17, 2022, 12:52:16 AM
swapping two letters

I didn't think that was allowed.  I've had plenty of ideas like that in the past, but I didn't post them because I figured it would count as changing two letters.

I did it in reply #15 and nobody cared.

Technically you're changing 0 letters, you're just rearranging them. After all, if you added up the Unicode values, both of them would have the same result, because addition is commutative. However, you are making exactly one change ("swap e and a").
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 17, 2022, 05:59:58 PM
Technically you're changing 0 letters, you're just rearranging them. After all, if you added up the Unicode values, both of them would have the same result, because addition is commutative. However, you are making exactly one change ("swap e and a").

In that case...

AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Mass Transit > Transit cab videos
AARoads Forum > Non-Road Boards > Mass Transit > Activists broadennext target of the car-free movement:  personal flying machines

AARoads Forum > National Boards > Fictional Highways > renaming roads
AARoads Forum > National Boards > Fictional Highways > ring road namesLilianaUwU renames all of Europe's ring roads

AARoads Forum > Meta > Suggestions and Questions > Future Mods/Admins
AARoads Forum > Meta > Suggestions and Questions > Admin/Mods Futureswhat you think Jake Bear should do next
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Scott5114

Oh, I wasn't expecting full-on anagrams! (Not that I have a problem with them personally, anagrams are nifty.)

LilianaUwU

Quote from: kphoger on May 17, 2022, 06:44:46 PM
AARoads Forum > National Boards > Fictional Highways > renaming roads
AARoads Forum > National Boards > Fictional Highways > ring road namesLilianaUwU renames all of Europe's ring roads

Just saying, expect memes.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

hbelkins

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 17, 2022, 06:48:05 PM
Oh, I wasn't expecting full-on anagrams! (Not that I have a problem with them personally, anagrams are nifty.)

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

ilpt4u

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31364.0

That is "Tire Trouble"  on the Travel Board

Sub an F for the first T..." Fire Trouble"  could be an interesting thread

JoePCool14

Ever been involved in a Car Accident?
Ever been involved in a Card Accident?
When you fold at the wrong moment.

Illinois interesting bid annoucements
Illinois interesting bid announcements
This thread title has a spelling error that I never noticed before.  :crazy:

US 31 gap in Michigan finally will be filled
US 31 gap in Michigan finally will be billed
Tolls coming soon to the new US-31 extension.

Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on
Lowest-numbered route you haven't seen on
Is this thing working or not?

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

CNGL-Leudimin

What is the worst kind of CORD?

What is the worst kind of meat?
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

formulanone

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 18, 2022, 09:01:58 PM
Lowest-numbered route you haven't been on
Lowest-numbered route you haven't seen on
Is this thing working or not?

Google Street View caught me on unsigned TN 389 in Chattanooga, which would probably be my personal highest number. :)

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

LilianaUwU

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 18, 2022, 09:01:58 PM
Ever been involved in a Car Accident?
Ever been involved in a Card Accident?

I once dropped a box of Magic cards and had to pick them up.

Highways Clinched on foot -> Highways Clenched on foot

Sometimes you really gotta go.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

kphoger

Quote from: LilianaUwU on May 19, 2022, 04:31:44 PM
Magic

N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !
Male pronouns, please.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on May 19, 2022, 04:37:30 PM
posting on AARoads

N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !        N E R D   A L E R T   !

kphoger

I knew I had that coming before I even hit [Post].
Male pronouns, please.

Max Rockatansky

I've gotten into a couple fights with shoplifters who were stealing Pokemon and Yugioh cards in the 2001-04 era.  I don't think that any of them actually serious enough that I needed anything more than elbow band-aid. 

JoePCool14

Wallethub
Wallehub
Best place to go for Wall-e fanfictions that don't fall flat.

Highways numbered 666 - which states have them?
Highways numbered 66 - which states have them?
Get your kicks, on Route Sixty-Six...

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

formulanone

WillWeaverRVA

Old cultural/regional/national customs
Will Weaver
WillWeaverRVA Photography | Twitter

"But how will the oxen know where to drown if we renumber the Oregon Trail?" - NE2

Scott5114

"Best estimated rage in your car", where posters recount what they think might have been the most righteous anger they've experienced behind the wheel.

GaryV

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 09, 2022, 07:34:08 AM
"Best estimated rage in your car", where posters recount what they think might have been the most righteous anger they've experienced behind the wheel.
Ah, you've just given a certain user a weeks-long task of trying to rank all their righteous anger.

webny99

Quote from: Scott5114 on June 09, 2022, 07:34:08 AM

Oh, goodness... that's a great one. I think I've done that unprompted in several other threads.  :-D

GaryV

"Hanging one letter of a thread title"

CNGL-Leudimin

I said that one on the first page.
Quote from: CNGL-Leudimin on January 31, 2021, 12:43:03 PM
Hanging one letter of a thread title. How meta.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

hbelkins

Disk aversion

Someone who'd rather store data in the cloud or on flash drives than on a hard drive.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Takumi

Rick Aversion: a thread about people who thoroughly scan any link they see online to avoid the chance of a prank involving a certain Mr. Astley being on the other end.
Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.