News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Has anyone ever patronized Heidi’s in Liverpool, NY?

Started by roadman65, March 09, 2022, 09:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

Just curious, as a kid once I remember eating a Famous Coney Hoffman Frank at Heidi's in Liverpool, NY. I remember the frank was white in color, but rich in flavor.

Is the stand still serving those and has anyone ever frequented the establishment on NY 370 in Downtown Liverpoool?
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Rothman

Heck yeah.  It's a fun frank and coney place -- they serve Hoffman's with their own mustard.

There are better hot dog places in the country (Rutt's Hut in NJ), but Heid's is solid.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

amroad17

Being originally from the Syracuse area--YES!!!  They have the best franks and coneys I have ever tasted.  I make it a point to patronize Heid's (not Heidi's) every time I visit the area.

As a Heid's enthusiast, I was gifted two Heid's t-shirts (red and black) on my last birthday.  I wear them proudly!
I don't need a GPS.  I AM the GPS! (for family and friends)

webny99

Quote from: roadman65 on March 09, 2022, 09:19:05 PM
I remember the frank was white in color, but rich in flavor.

Possibly a white hot (which is basically a hot dog that's white instead of red, and tastes more like a sausage).

https://zweigles.com/this-is-everything-you-need-to-know-about-white-hots/

snowc

Just curious, as a kid once I remember eating a Famous Coney Hoffman Frank at Heidi's in Liverpool, NY. I remember the frank was white in color, but rich in flavor.

Is the stand still serving those and has anyone ever frequented the establishment on NY 370 in Downtown Liverpoool?
First of all, Heid's is a good place to eat. But the extra I has to go.
After all, their hotdog special is to die for!  :-D

snowc

Quote from: webny99 on April 04, 2022, 08:11:26 AM

Possibly a white hot (which is basically a hot dog that's white instead of red, and tastes more like a sausage).

Never heard of a white hot till now. Been to NY numerous times (including one upcoming in the summer, possibly) and havent seen it on the menu.   :confused:

snowc

Yep, still over by the can opener OLP bridge.  :-D

Rothman

At Heid's, they sell franks and coneys, both made by Hoffman's.  That's it.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

snowc

Quote from: Rothman on April 29, 2022, 06:50:57 PM

At Heid's, they sell franks and coneys, both made by Hoffman's.  That's it.
And fries. and Drinks.  :D
I usually get their hotdog special. No snappys cause they are disgusting.  :meh:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.