News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Northeast / Re: NYC Roads
Last post by crispy93 - Today at 08:59:25 AM
Here's some dashcam pics of the new lane configuration on the Major Deegan northbound at the Cross-Bronx. They re-allocated one of the lanes from the service road to be an exit lane for the CBX: https://imgur.com/a/tXxnIJR
Off-Topic / Re: Minor things that bother y...
Last post by formulanone - Today at 08:56:46 AM
This is why I don't bother with too many shopping/restaurant loyalty programs; I enjoy too much variety to get any benefit out of them before the points expire.

Airline and hotel points, that another matter. Some let you keep the points for the life of the account (though they find ways to devalue them naturally though inflation and manipulation), some do not.

Since there's always a lot of gift card theft and fraud, I doubt any stores are going to allow quick conversion to cash; although I personally feel they should permit trivial cash-conversion amounts; say, under a dollar. It's annoying to try to keep track of gift card purchases at places where they must know the exact amount and then hope the key it in properly so you can combine different methods of payment.

(This reminds me, the credit card-backed gift cards are the absolute worst of these.)   
Mid-Atlantic / Re: Delaware
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 08:52:46 AM
Quote from: epzik8 on Today at 08:23:02 AMIt looks like Delaware has a color detour system for the 896 interchange project in the style of Pennsylvania's.

The detour requiring turning around at the Biden Welcome Center is much more interesting IMO.

Quote from: 74/171FAN on December 29, 2023, 01:37:20 PM(https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10219228995036191&set=a.10219229104798935)

Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 08:52:33 AM
Quote from: Big John on Today at 08:50:22 AMDo any countries use both the $ symbol and a comma for a decimal point?

Portions of Canada, for one (French-speaking areas). But normally in French the dollar sign goes after the amount, not before.
Last post by Big John - Today at 08:50:22 AM
Quote from: wanderer2575 on Today at 08:36:29 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on Today at 07:47:14 AMMany of the loyalty programs do "sales" by marking up the price and having loyalty program use be required to bring it back down.

Did I hear someone mention Black Friday sales?

Do any countries use both the $ symbol and a comma for a decimal point?
Last post by SEWIGuy - Today at 08:48:29 AM
Quote from: vdeane on April 28, 2024, 09:26:35 PM
Quote from: SEWIGuy on April 28, 2024, 06:04:06 PMIf YOU purchased yes. But if you are given a gift with a gift receipt, it's almost always returned only for in store credit.
Well, that's a weird double standard.

It's not really a double standard. It's different standards for different types of purchases.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Indiana Notes
Last post by jhuntin1 - Today at 08:46:51 AM
It was done in 2019, between I-65 and I-74.

I'm surprised they're going to close that section again, as I drive it near every day and it's in good shape overall. I would understand if they were going to close from I-74 northward, or from I-70 northward as suggested above. Maybe it has something to do with the ramp metering.
Sports / Re: NFL (2024 Season)
Last post by epzik8 - Today at 08:38:39 AM
Quote from: Ted$8roadFan on Today at 07:29:14 AMA case could be made (and maybe was) for not giving Cousins a max contract given his age, injury history, quality of play, etc. But the Falcons did, and by drafting Penix they've created quarterback controversy before their first OTAs. A bad look if nothing else.

Shame how the Falcons are starting to become an example of embarrassing management and poor communication.
Last post by wanderer2575 - Today at 08:36:29 AM
Quote from: SSOWorld on Today at 07:47:14 AMMany of the loyalty programs do "sales" by marking up the price and having loyalty program use be required to bring it back down.

Did I hear someone mention Black Friday sales?

Why did this thread get bumped when there is an identical thread on the first page?

https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=23290.50

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.