News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Construction/Major Delay Query: Chicago/Minneapolis/Fargo/Sioux/Madison

Started by 404inthe404, September 23, 2014, 10:17:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

404inthe404

Greetings,

I am driving the cities listed above along the direct route over the course of 3 days starting the week of October 12th. I am wondering if there are any major construction projects or other potential delays I should be weary of.

Route:

Chicago - Minneapolis - Fargo via I-90 and I-94.

Fargo to Sioux Falls via I-29

Sioux Falls to Madison via I-90

Will probably return to Chicago via I-94.

Thanks in advance.

froggie

There's a few construction spots on I-94 between Minneapolis and St. Cloud, but as long as you're not passing through during evening rush hour you should be okay.

There may or may not be one or two zones on I-90 in southern Minnesota where they're doing 2-lane/2-way operations on one side while they reconstruct the other side.

The Dresbach Bridge (I-90 over the Mississippi) is also in the process of being replaced, so you'll likely run into lane closures and ramp closures at US 14/61 in that area.

CtrlAltDel

Last I checked, I-90 from Wisconsin to Chicago is under construction pretty much the whole way.
Interstates clinched: 4, 57, 275 (IN-KY-OH), 465 (IN), 640 (TN), 985
State Interstates clinched: I-26 (TN), I-75 (GA), I-75 (KY), I-75 (TN), I-81 (WV), I-95 (NH)

tchafe1978

There is major construction going on in Milwaukee at the Zoo Interchange (I-94/I-894/US 45) and some construction to widen I-94 south of Milwaukee, I believe in the Kenosha area.

I-90 south of Madison also has some construction activity going on, but I believe it's just a short stretch as part of bridge widening just south of the Beltline interchange.

sipes23

Quote from: CtrlAltDel on September 25, 2014, 06:48:22 PM
Last I checked, I-90 from Wisconsin to Chicago is under construction pretty much the whole way.

Yes, and it's no fun. Having done both the I-90 and I-94 route between Chicago and Madison in the last month, I can vouch that the I-94 route is much easier.

ET21

The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.