News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Detroit area fwy./fwy. ramp closures - why?

Started by ixnay, June 14, 2016, 09:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ixnay

Google Maps is showing the ramps from M-10 (Lodge Fwy.) nb and sb to wb I-94 (Edsel Ford Fwy.) as being closed.  Why?

Also, why the closure of I-96/275 sb from I-696/M-5 to M-14?

ixnay

rawmustard

Quote from: ixnay on June 14, 2016, 09:53:45 PM
Google Maps is showing the ramps from M-10 (Lodge Fwy.) nb and sb to wb I-94 (Edsel Ford Fwy.) as being closed.  Why?

Also, why the closure of I-96/275 sb from I-696/M-5 to M-14?

ixnay

The second one is because of the Revive 275 project which has been well-publicized. As for the first, intermittent ramp closures are common on the Detroit freeways close to downtown.

LM117

If they haven't already, MDOT seriously needs to Revive75(TM) from the Ohio state line to the I-75/I-275 split. I have relatives living in Westland and the last time I came up to visit in June 2013, I-75 on that stretch was practically all to pieces. It damn near tore up my tires. I could easily tell where the state line was without looking at the welcome signs. I don't know what kind of shape I-75 is in north of the split since I always get on I-275 to I-94/Wayne Road exit.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

AsphaltPlanet

MDOT was working on a concrete replacement project along I-75 towards the Ohio Boundary when I was through there last fall.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

LM117

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on June 15, 2016, 01:49:35 PM
MDOT was working on a concrete replacement project along I-75 towards the Ohio Boundary when I was through there last fall.

Good. It was long overdue. It needs all the TLC it can get.
“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

wanderer2575

Quote from: LM117 on June 15, 2016, 10:45:09 PM

Don't hold your breath or get too excited.  MDOT is reconstructing I-75 from I-275 to a bit south of Dixie Highway.  This is a two-year project that started last year.  Reconstructing from Dixie Highway to the Ohio border has been split into four projects, none of which currently is funded or scheduled.

Insufficient merging space due to traffic shift on I-94 immediately west of M-10 for reconstruction of the Trumbull Avenue overpass.

Now that the abutments and support columns have been built and all the bridge support beams installed, I don't know why the traffic shift is still in place.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: wanderer2575 on July 03, 2016, 11:44:48 AM

Don't hold your breath or get too excited.  MDOT is reconstructing I-75 from I-275 to a bit south of Dixie Highway.  This is a two-year project that started last year.  Reconstructing from Dixie Highway to the Ohio border has been split into four projects, none of which currently is funded or scheduled.

Insufficient merging space due to traffic shift on I-94 immediately west of M-10 for reconstruction of the Trumbull Avenue overpass.

Now that the abutments and support columns have been built and all the bridge support beams installed, I don't know why the traffic shift is still in place.

Was that why M10 was closed southbound from I-696 last October?  I ended up taking I-75 to downtown when I was originally planning on the Lodge. 

wanderer2575

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 03, 2016, 12:02:37 PM

Was that why M10 was closed southbound from I-696 last October?  I ended up taking I-75 to downtown when I was originally planning on the Lodge.

I don't know what closure you mean, unless there was some one-day thing.  The last major M-10 closure was in 2006 and 2007 for reconstruction between I-696 and Meyers Road.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: wanderer2575 on July 03, 2016, 01:29:19 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on July 03, 2016, 12:02:37 PM

I don't know what closure you mean, unless there was some one-day thing.  The last major M-10 closure was in 2006 and 2007 for reconstruction between I-696 and Meyers Road.

Could have been, it was a weekend when I was heading to downtown.  I just assumed it was something in advance of I-275 being shut down, normally I would have checked some 511 info but I had all the time in the world to kill.

catch22

Southbound I-275 reopened a couple of days ago.  The northbound side closes tomorrow, lasting until mid-September.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.