News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Report: Chargers considering rebrand if they move to LA

Started by bing101, December 21, 2016, 10:25:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce

The Chargers will be playing out of StubHub Center (capacity 27k, to be boosted to 30k; home of the Los Angeles Galaxy of MLS) for the next two years. The Galaxy have told the media that the Chargers will have to schedule around them, as they just released their schedule for the upcoming season.

That grass field will not look pretty come playoff time in November.

dvferyance

Quote from: cl94 on January 12, 2017, 10:27:47 PM
In all honestly, the Chargers moving to Los Angeles makes more sense than the Rams moving. Qualcomm is a s**thole that is one of the oldest stadiums in the league, about the same age as Oakland and almost as bad. It has received no major renovations since it opened in 1967 and it's a cookie-cutter stadium.
I am with you on that one. It was just so ludicrous that they were talking about replacing a stadium in St Louis that was barely over 20 years old. The Edward Jones Dome was just fine in the Chargers case they really did need a new stadium. They had a referendum vote last fall and it was voted down so that tells me the people of San Diego didn't care about keeping the team anyways. I think the Rams should go back to St Louis as LA can barely support one team.

Max Rockatansky

This got a chuckle out of me:

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/chargers-drop-criticized-la-logo-admit-mistake/ar-AAlRRaP?li=BBnba9I&srcref=rss

Basically this has been a complete disaster so far for the Chargers.  They lose out on getting a new stadium in San Diego, end up being second fiddle to another crappy team in Los Angeles, and then have new logo booed relentlessly at the Staples Center:

Stephane Dumas

:-D

As if it wasn't enough, the Chargers relocation is now covered in a Downfall parody clip.  :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6BUA2j1uDs

ET21

I've seen so many better logos done by people than the official one lol
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Henry

Thank goodness it won't be the official logo! It's almost like they looked at the Dodgers logo and said: "Let's make a trashier version of it!"
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

ET21

Quote from: Henry on January 16, 2017, 10:15:45 AM
Thank goodness it won't be the official logo! It's almost like they looked at the Dodgers logo and said: "Let's make a trashier version of it!"

They copied the Dodgers and threw a Tampa Bay Lightning bolt logo into the last
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: Stephane Dumas on January 16, 2017, 08:27:37 AM
:-D

As if it wasn't enough, the Chargers relocation is now covered in a Downfall parody clip.  :-D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6BUA2j1uDs

"I refuse to become a bandwagon Patriots fan like Stalin!"  :-D  I've missed these memes, glad that we got a new on that is actually pretty good.

Henry

Quote from: ET21 on January 16, 2017, 10:25:22 AM
Quote from: Henry on January 16, 2017, 10:15:45 AM

They copied the Dodgers and threw a Tampa Bay Lightning bolt logo into the last
That too.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

dvferyance

I heard today that no moving company has been willing to move the team. This is how bitter San Diego is about losing the Chargers.

Brandon

Quote from: dvferyance on January 18, 2017, 11:16:53 AM
I heard today that no moving company has been willing to move the team. This is how bitter San Diego is about losing the Chargers.

LOL!  Even the Colts found someone willing to help them leave Baltimore.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.