News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

Arkansas Work Zone - Bella Vista Bypass (CA0903 and CA0904)

Started by AHTD, February 26, 2014, 03:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AHTD

Today the Arkansas Highway Commission opened bids on the first project funded by the half-cent sales tax passed by Arkansas voters in November 2012.

http://www.arkansashighways.com/news/2014/NR%2014-046.pdf
Travel and construction information available at www.idrivearkansas.com

O Tamandua

Quote from: AHTD on February 26, 2014, 03:56:38 PM
Today the Arkansas Highway Commission opened bids on the first project funded by the half-cent sales tax passed by Arkansas voters in November 2012.

Excellent news!

M86

mvak36

When does AHTD plan to do the remaining two lanes of the four-lane bypass? Will they also be funded with this half cent tax increase? I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this was mentioned in some other threads.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

AHTD

Quote from: mvak36 on February 27, 2014, 10:43:23 AM

When does AHTD plan to do the remaining two lanes of the four-lane bypass? Will they also be funded with this half cent tax increase? I'm new to the forum so I don't know if this was mentioned in some other threads.

At this time our working estimate for "the other side" of the BVB (what will become the southbound lanes) is around $50 million. There isn't any funding identified for this right now, however, the Arkansas Highway Commission began STIP planning at its regular meeting yesterday and they MAY take a look at including that cost in the next STIP.

Welcome to the forum! We are happy to answer any questions you may have.

O Tamandua

AHTD, this may be a foolish question.   This has been perhaps the section of the BVB where I've been most curious how it will be built (leaving aside the actual junction at I-540/future I-49 at Bentonville) given that it goes through some residential and quasi-residential areas.  Looks like the Weldon Spring/St. Louis area contractor has won the bid.

Any idea when they'll actually start scraping the roadway for this?  (Thanks in advance).

mvak36

AHTD, I noticed that you are building a roundabout at the US 71 Bella Vista bypass interchange for now. When you guys upgrade it to Interstate standards, how much extra work will it require? Just curious. Thank You.
Counties: Counties visited
Travel Mapping: Summary

AHTD

The bids will be confirmed this week and contract negotiations will begin shortly thereafter. The contractor bid 240 working days (if memory serves) and since we are on the cusp of construction season, expect them to get to it pretty soon. 30 to 60 days or less.
The residential areas have been avoided and all right of way has been purchased.

As for the modified connector, some of it will be incorporated into the final interchange. But since we don't know when that final interchange will be constructed, the modified connector will serve for the time being.

Gordon

AHTD, will you have a Let to proceed date on the CAP site?

O Tamandua

Quote from: AHTD on March 02, 2014, 10:26:15 AM
The bids will be confirmed this week and contract negotiations will begin shortly thereafter. The contractor bid 240 working days (if memory serves) and since we are on the cusp of construction season, expect them to get to it pretty soon. 30 to 60 days or less.
The residential areas have been avoided and all right of way has been purchased.

As for the modified connector, some of it will be incorporated into the final interchange. But since we don't know when that final interchange will be constructed, the modified connector will serve for the time being.

Thank you, AHTD!  I've an acquaintance whose backyard is not far from property acquired.  She'd said some neighbors were, say, "antsy" about the new highway, but she was saying that if it brings a lot of benefits to this area (as well as the distant metros this will eventually serve) she's very happy on that.  And everything I see tells me this will be a very special project for Arkansas.  In short: we'll likely be able to see the future interstate pathway from the Hwy 72/Southeast Hiwasse area bridge to the current I-540 northern terminus by around year's end.

Dig it! :D

AHTD

Quote from: Gordon on March 02, 2014, 01:52:32 PM
AHTD, will you have a Let to proceed date on the CAP site?

When you see the project appear on IDRIVE ARKANSAS, the contractor has boots on the ground. We'll post that here in this thread when it happens.

AHTD

Quote from: O Tamandua on March 03, 2014, 10:13:19 AM
Quote from: AHTD on March 02, 2014, 10:26:15 AM

Thank you, AHTD!  I've an acquaintance whose backyard is not far from property acquired.  She'd said some neighbors were, say, "antsy" about the new highway, but she was saying that if it brings a lot of benefits to this area (as well as the distant metros this will eventually serve) she's very happy on that.  And everything I see tells me this will be a very special project for Arkansas.  In short: we'll likely be able to see the future interstate pathway from the Hwy 72/Southeast Hiwasse area bridge to the current I-540 northern terminus by around year's end.

Dig it! :D

Much of the concern we have hear from the neighbors is about noise. Once the facility is open we will conduct a noise analysis and abate if necessary (build a sound wall).

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.