News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Bella Vista Bypass

Started by AHTD, July 22, 2015, 05:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codyg1985

Quote from: noelbotevera on July 28, 2015, 11:22:23 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 28, 2015, 07:28:55 PM
It seems like we'll all be old and gray by the time the Bella Vista Bypass is finished and officially designated Interstate 49.
Unless Missouri decides to be a good partner, and give Arkansas some money to finish off the last two lanes, and complete the Bella Vista Bypass, and Arkansas can help Missouri by making that court paper or whatever go away by using some special moves (and remember, when all else fails, use brute force and be completely ruthless), then yes, that prediction is coming true.

Right now Missouri is going to be lucky to even finish its own section of the BVB. From what I understand, I think Arkansas may be able to cough up the $50M to build the other two lanes if Missouri is able to work on their remaining section.

Which court paper are you referring to? Is this in reference to Bruce Watkins Drive?
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

intelati49

Quote from: noelbotevera on July 28, 2015, 11:22:23 PM
Quote from: The Ghostbuster on July 28, 2015, 07:28:55 PM
It seems like we'll all be old and gray by the time the Bella Vista Bypass is finished and officially designated Interstate 49.
Unless Missouri decides to be a good partner, and give Arkansas some money to finish off the last two lanes, and complete the Bella Vista Bypass, and Arkansas can help Missouri by making that court paper or whatever go away by using some special moves (and remember, when all else fails, use brute force and be completely ruthless), then yes, that prediction is coming true.

AFIK MO is just waiting on money... If legislation can get their head out of their collective *$%^, then we can see it soon. (<10 years)

As for the court order, I'm assuming you mean the Bruce R. Watkins Dr in KC. I'm not sure of the community reaction of the road, but I can sense a restlessness in the city about the bottleneck. I would give it 10 years for the court to reverse it, and another 10 to get the ducks in a row to start the project.

noelbotevera

Yep, Bruce R Watkins drive in KC. Still, Missouri is not doing anything, and that court order makes them really wish they should help Arkansas, and get done with the I-49 designation in Missouri.
Pleased to meet you
Hope you guessed my name

(Recently hacked. A human operates this account now!)

bjrush

Missouri has bid their section

https://www.joplinglobe.com/news/local_news/missouri-awards-contract-for-its-share-of-bella-vista-bypass/article_f34be1f4-750b-11ea-b804-439f38b7784e.html

QuoteA $58.7 million contract was awarded Wednesday to build Missouri's share of the Bella Vista Bypass.

Work is scheduled to begin in late April or early May, and the plan is to have it done in September 2021. The Missouri Highways and Transportation Commission awarded the contract to Emery Sapp & Sons Inc., of Columbia.
Woo Pig Sooie

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.