News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

TxDOT Mileage Logs

Started by AsphaltPlanet, May 16, 2017, 01:34:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AsphaltPlanet

Does TxDOT post mileage logs for its highways anywhere on the internet?

If not, do any of the interior counties post mileage logs for within county mileage?  Specifically the counties close to the major metropolitan areas within the state?

My googling has not yielded me much in the way of useful search results, but it's possible I might just not be searching with the right search words...
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

txstateends

The only mileages I've seen online for TX are the ones listed on TxDOT's Highway Designation Files section (http://www.dot.state.tx.us/tpp/default.aspx).  They list total mileages for each highway in the state, but some need updating.  The counties don't seem to care about mileages themselves.  The ones that have websites may list other data, but none about roads.  The only other possible resource would be the exit/intersection parts of each road on Wikipedia, but some don't have exact numbers yet (since they don't all have mile markers), others may not be exact because of the aforementioned lack of up-to-date data on TxDOT's website.  So far, there hasn't been anything done yet on the county pages on Wikipedia when it comes to anything beyond a list of roads in a county (no road-related additions like mileages, in other words).  Sorry, but it looks like very few out there care about mileages (besides us I guess?).
\/ \/ click for a bigger image \/ \/

wxfree

I also don't know of any tables or lists, but you can get individual road lengths in a county on the Statewide Planning Map.  If you select Reference Markers, the marker locations and numbers will show.  The markers are almost always, but not quite always, placed at county lines.  If you click on a marker, it will show the DFO, which I assume means distance from origin.  You can click on the marker where the highway enters and the one where it leaves the county and get the DFO at each, and subtract the smaller from the larger.  They're listed in thousandths of a mile, so I'd assume they're pretty accurate.  It isn't as convenient as a table, but the information is out there if someone wants to make one.

http://www.txdot.gov/apps/statewide_mapping/StatewidePlanningMap.html
I'd like to buy a vowel, Alex.  What is E?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.