News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

How do you define the Rust Belt?

Started by webny99, April 25, 2019, 02:47:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Quote from: jon daly on April 30, 2019, 01:40:44 PM
Sorry, I was responding to the previous post. I'm used to forums that are more digressive and less apt to stay on topic than aaroads.

No worries, I guess I was expecting to see something about potable water in his post after I read yours.

I take it you were responding to his point about environmental extemism? I can't exactly tell what he thinks is ironic, but I agree with what you said, anyways.  :crazy:

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: webny99 on April 30, 2019, 07:04:26 PM
Sorry, I was responding to the previous post. I'm used to forums that are more digressive and less apt to stay on topic than aaroads.

No worries, I guess I was expecting to see something about potable water in his post after I read yours.

I take it you were responding to his point about environmental extemism? I can't exactly tell what he thinks is ironic, but I agree with what you said, anyways.  :crazy:

Basically he thinks it's ironic that people who live in a major city located in some of the most inhospitable land in the US would care about the environment.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

jon daly

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on April 30, 2019, 07:20:54 PM
Quote from: webny99 on April 30, 2019, 07:04:26 PM

Basically he thinks it's ironic that people who live in a major city located in some of the most inhospitable land in the US would care about the environment.
Not knowing Sp's thoughts on the topic, perhaps I thought that he might think that it's ironic that these sons of Arizona show an extreme amount of apathy.

Perhaps I think that both Ostriches and Henny Penny's are birds of a similar feather.

moto e5 play

jon daly

I should probably exit this thread. I stopped by this place for the first time in a long time recently to ask a question about construction on my commute but got sucked into a geography thread. I forgot how heated they can get.

That hasn't happened yet, but my presence won't help matters. I sometimes like discussing politics and theology but this doesn't seem to be a good venue for that.

moto e5 play

SP Cook

When someone lives in a built environment, a place made habitable via massive public works projects that, if they were proposed today, that same person would oppose, that is ironic.  The western third or at least quarter of the Sun Belt is just such a place.   

One major difference between the Sun Belt and the rest of the country, is that the rest of the country was already habitable. 

jon daly

Thanks I get that now.

I was afraid that I may've stepped on some toes, but I hope that folks never take anything I say seriously. I'm unconventional in thought and all over the map.

webny99

Quote from: jon daly on May 01, 2019, 01:11:20 PM
I hope that folks never take anything I say seriously.

I take everything you say seriously -- except for this.  :-P :-D

webny99

Quote from: SP Cook on May 01, 2019, 09:05:01 AM
When someone lives in a built environment, a place made habitable via massive public works projects that, if they were proposed today, that same person would oppose, that is ironic.

I don't see the irony in one generation having different beliefs than the generation before them. It's a fact of life, and happens to at least some degree with pretty much every issue imaginable.

QuoteOne major difference between the Sun Belt and the rest of the country, is that the rest of the country was already habitable.

:rofl:

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.