News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Cool people mover practice in Miami's Airport

Started by roadman65, October 25, 2013, 02:11:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roadman65

The other day I was in Miami International Airport and was fascinated by its people mover at Concourse D for American Airlines.

I see its designed to carry both international uncleared arrivals and the regular passengers at the same time and on the same train.  Each train consists of four cars, with a station divided into two halves.  One half loads the internationals onto two cars while the other half loads (and unloads) the regular passengers.  There is no access between the cars either, so both genres ride the same train but do not interact.  Escalators on both ends of the station access the upper level below for international arrivals or go two levels down to access the normal concourse.

I think this is so greatly done.  Many engineers would waste resources, but in this case it was well planned and using just something so simple.  I commend jobs like these.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.