News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

What road did you leave on and reenter your state when you left it?

Started by roadman65, October 18, 2019, 10:37:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thspfc

Quote from: thspfc on October 19, 2019, 09:56:17 AM
US-61/151 to and from Iowa.
My drought of leaving Wisconsin by road is mercifully over after 23 months (I posted this in October but the trip in question was in March). My new answer is I-39/90 to and from Illinois. It wasn't a grand road trip, just to and from O'Hare, but it did feel good to get out and travel some less familiar roads. The ongoing improvments to I-39/90 through Janesville are looking nice. I also picked up the easy clinch of I-190 in Illinois.

JoePCool14

I left my home state of Illinois on IL-/WI-78. If you want to consider my home state as Wisconsin, I last left and re-entered on US-151 to Iowa last week.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

ftballfan

On my way to Florida last week, I left my home state of Michigan on US-31

Scott5114

Did a county-clinching trip to the Texas panhandle back in September. Left Oklahoma on US-60 west, returned via I-40 east.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

D-Dey65

Most recently, US 1-23-301 going into Georgia, and Interstate 95 coming back from it.

Frafra Zoomer

ibthebigd

Left Kentucky on US 51 bridge to Cairo. Came back on US 79 north of Clarksville TN.

SM-G950U

sprjus4

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Last week I vacated the great state of Ohio via US 50 into Indiana.
Earlier today, I attempted to escape the Indiana snow by returning to Ohio via I-70/US 35.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Rothman

Dang.  Forgot to report that I took a trip around NY that ducked into PA briefly:

Left NY on I-90
Re-entered on I-86.
Left NY on NY 19/PA 449
Re-entered on PA 244/NY 248A
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Roadgeekteen

I went on a trip recently.

Left MA on I-84 and returned on I-84

Took a side trip from the Berkshires to RPI, left and returned on MA 43

Left MA again on MA 43 to go to NYC, returned on I-84
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

hbelkins

I actually ventured out of state this past weekend, but just barely.

Left Kentucky/entered Virginia on KY 3174 (future US 460), drove a couple of miles into Virginia, and then returned to Kentucky on the same route.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jander

This is an interesting question if only because I can't remember.  It would have been US-50 or I-80 from CA into Nevada, but I can not remember when, or which trip. 

Most of our "leave the state"  trips begin and end at SFO or OAK.

TravelingBethelite

On my spring break road trip, I left Missouri on US 54 and eventually re-entered it on Old K-96, which becomes Hwy YY when it crosses the state line.
"Imprisoned by the freedom of the road!" - Ronnie Milsap
See my photos at: http://bit.ly/1Qi81ws

Now I decide where I go...

2018 Ford Fusion SE - proud new owner!

tigerwings

Walked in Michigan on Mitchaw Rd in Sylvania, OH,  then crossed back. It's County Line Rd (Monroe/Lenawee) in Michigan. So I was in 3 counties within a few steps.

I'll slip back over the border on US-23 later in the week.

Angelo71

My family and I left Virginia and entered Maryland Using I-495, and entered Virginia using I-81.

SkyPesos

A month late, but I've been out of the state for the first time in 2021. I-74 to and from Indiana.

hbelkins

Actually went out-of-state today and visited two other states. Left Kentucky on the bridge at Ashland and entered Ohio. Left Ohio and entered West Virginia on US 52. Left West Virginia and re-entered Kentucky on WV 37/KY 3 Spur.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

jrouse

My last out of state trip was to Montana and we exited and entered California via I-80.  (Our route there was I-80 from Sacramento to Wells, NV, then north on US-93 all the way through Idaho to Montana.  My in-laws live just off US-93.  We took a little different route back, avoiding US-93 between Salmon, ID and Arco, ID, but otherwise it was US-93 to I-80).

JMoses24

My most recent trip took me to Texas. I left on I-44, returned on I-35.

US 89

Flint1979

Last time I left Michigan I did so on an airplane. Last time I re-entered Michigan I did so on I-75.

JayhawkCO

Kind of a unique one today.  I left Colorado on Larimer County Road 59 into Wyoming and re-entered on Weld County Road 390 from Wyoming after having also traveled in Nebraska.

Chris

Rothman

Left NY on NY 328.  Came back on PA 328.

Also did the I-86/NY 17 dip into PA.

Pavement on NY 17 is horrible from about Owego to Broome County Line.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Flint1979

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.