News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2015 Meets

Started by Laura, October 21, 2014, 10:30:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

froggie

I was thinking moreso of the Diner, at least before the meet.  Plan on a post in the next few days...

Duke87

Anything in Vermont has my attention.

As for Long Island it is entirely plausible that I might just join everyone for lunch and then bounce. Increasingly plausible the further west you start.
If you always take the same road, you will never see anything new.

Desert Man

Any chance of a meetup in CA (southern or northern) or nearby states sometime in 2015 or next year? My idea is to hold it in Disneyland Hotel, the "happiest place on earth" and Disneyland itself should thank the opening of I-5, then US 101 freeway in the same year (1955) to helped put it on the map.
Get your kicks...on Route 99! Like to turn 66 upside down. The other historic Main street of America.

codyg1985

Quote from: Mike D boy on March 23, 2015, 03:02:04 AM
Any chance of a meetup in CA (southern or northern) or nearby states sometime in 2015 or next year? My idea is to hold it in Disneyland Hotel, the "happiest place on earth" and Disneyland itself should thank the opening of I-5, then US 101 freeway in the same year (1955) to helped put it on the map.

I would really love to attend a California meet, but for me to be able to attend, it would need to happen next year.
Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

adamjackson

Weather is finally starting to warm up here in VT/NH. Looking forward to a drive with you all this summer!

I've taken a few road trips over the winter, weather be damned!

Vermont to Chicago and back (will do it again this Fall but return journey through Toronto instead of Buffalo)
Drove down to DC
Down to Rhode Island, Mass, Portland a few times
Just returned from a weekend trip to Quebec City. Everyone drives way faster than the speed limit there

Taking a drive up to Littleton NH tomorrow and will certainly log some changes on my satnav.
I'm a project manager for North America and other regions for TomTom!

Tell us about map changes you observe on Map Share Reporter
http://www.tomtom.com/mapshare/tools/

BigRedDog

Quote from: adamjackson on April 03, 2015, 12:35:44 PM
Weather is finally starting to warm up here in VT/NH. Looking forward to a drive with you all this summer!

Vermont to Chicago and back (will do it again this Fall but return journey through Toronto instead of Buffalo)
Drove down to DC
Just returned from a weekend trip to Quebec City. Everyone drives way faster than the speed limit there

Taking a drive up to Littleton NH tomorrow and will certainly log some changes on my satnav.

The family and I drove over the Kancamagus Highway on the way home from Acadia NP last October. We traveled east to west, then took I-93 north through Franconia Notch to Littleton, then down I-91 and on to home. As beautiful as Acadia was, I think I enjoyed the drive through New Hampshire more. Can't wait to (hopefully) make it back up there some day!

adamjackson

Quote from: BigRedDog on April 03, 2015, 12:57:46 PM
Quote from: adamjackson on April 03, 2015, 12:35:44 PM

Drove down to DC

The family and I drove over the Kancamagus Highway on the way home from Acadia NP last October. We traveled east to west, then took I-93 north through Franconia Notch to Littleton, then down I-91 and on to home. As beautiful as Acadia was, I think I enjoyed the drive through New Hampshire more. Can't wait to (hopefully) make it back up there some day!

That Notch before littleton is beautiful no matter what time of year you're driving it! So much wind but if you're careful, the views are really incredible. Nothing like that in Vermont.

froggie

Plenty like that in Vermont.  They just don't involve paved roads.

adamjackson

Quote from: froggie on April 20, 2015, 10:18:39 PM
Plenty like that in Vermont.  They just don't involve paved roads.

teach me your ways (or send coordinates)

Roadgeek Adam

As some people know, I am in Western New York until mid-August 2015 and have been throwing around the idea of a mini-meet while I am up here for either Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Rochester (I'm closer to Buffalo, living in Kenmore), but I know we've gained several Buffalo-area roadgeeks on this site recently.

I've got every weekend but the one where I head to Illinois open so, if people are interested in throwing ideas around, I'm all ears. I was at the Buffalo meet on 10/3/08 and remember most of it well, covering US 219 quite well. There are stuff in Niagara Falls it didn't cover among other things.
Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

vdeane

I prefer Buffalo/Niagara Falls simply because I'm in Rochester all the time but only rarely further west.  Plus there's the riverway construction on the former Robert Moses State Parkway.  Right now the only hard conflicts I know of are this weekend (due to a doctor's appointment) and July 4.  June 27 will either be a conflict or the weekend that works best for me; depends on whether we'll have a family picnic or combine it with my cousin's graduation party the next day (probably the latter, since everyone will be there anyways).
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

dgolub

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on May 25, 2015, 07:45:19 PM
As some people know, I am in Western New York until mid-August 2015 and have been throwing around the idea of a mini-meet while I am up here for either Buffalo/Niagara Falls or Rochester (I'm closer to Buffalo, living in Kenmore), but I know we've gained several Buffalo-area roadgeeks on this site recently.

I've got every weekend but the one where I head to Illinois open so, if people are interested in throwing ideas around, I'm all ears. I was at the Buffalo meet on 10/3/08 and remember most of it well, covering US 219 quite well. There are stuff in Niagara Falls it didn't cover among other things.

I've never been west of Ithaca, so I'm definitely game for Buffalo or Rochester.  Or both, for that matter, if anyone was interested in a two-day meet.  I currently have no commitments that I'm aware of for this summer, although it might be good to keep the weekend of July 11 open if possible, since it's my birthday.

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: Roadgeek Adam on May 25, 2015, 07:45:19 PM

I'd absolutely love to attend a Buffalo/Niagara Falls meet, but with all the other travel I have planned for 2015, it's almost out of the question that I'd be able to attend any other meets this year that I'm not already planning on going to.

Doug Kerr hosted a Rochester meet in September 2010 that I had the opportunity to attend, and I enjoyed it a lot.
-A.J. from Michigan

vdeane

Haven't heard about the Tappan Zee meet in a while.  Is it still up for this year, or is it pushed back?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Alps

Quote from: vdeane on July 06, 2015, 03:27:52 PM
Haven't heard about the Tappan Zee meet in a while.  Is it still up for this year, or is it pushed back?
Pushed back to next year - there's not enough going on above-ground right now, not to mention I've had no time to organize anything. Next year should offer some great scenery as well as some interesting traffic configurations to drive through.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.