News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Chat is down?

Started by US 89, August 19, 2019, 07:36:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

US 89

The chat window appears to still load, but doesn't populate with any messages or users.

NE2

pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Max Rockatansky

I forgot there was even a chat room here to begin with.

vdeane

The main page had errors too for a couple hours.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

tolbs17

I have the same problem.

Alex

Have had issues with the main site this evening and switched to PHP 7.2 to see if that addressed any of them. I reverted it to 7.1 just now, and the chat should work again.

The chat script will need to be updated for PHP 7.2 by year's end.

cl94

Oh look, chat is acting funky again. Log in and you're immediately greeted with an "invalid IP address" error.
Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

Travel Mapping (updated weekly)

Rothman

People log into the chat?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

ozarkman417

When I tried to log in to the chat a minute ago it redirected me to the home page of this forum.

cl94

Chat regulars with no lives right about now:

Please note: All posts represent my personal opinions and do not represent those of my employer or any of its partner agencies.

MNHighwayMan

I think the chat has become sentient, and is now kicking everyone while starting its search for someone called "the intern."

corco

Alps

cl94

Is there another chat software we could have set up as a backup for AJAX? We seem to be running into a lot of problems lately...

MNHighwayMan

Could always go back to IRC. Maybe start a channel on Freenode or something.

ozarkman417

How about starting an AARoads Discord server? That way there can be multiple voice and text channels focused on specific subjects.

cl94

Nah, we're too old-school for discord. We want our mods to be able to mod, too.

US 89

corco

Please stand by as I activate an emergency replacement

cl94

US 89

Alright, who posted the traffic light emojis this time?

JohnnyHousty

I have just tried to enter the chat, and it's not working for me. Has this problem not yet been resolved? Is there, perhaps, a problem with my account?

NE2

🚦🚥🚦🚥🚦🚥🚦🚥🐑🐑🐑
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

hotdogPi

Quote from: TurnpikeJohnny on September 23, 2019, 02:34:27 PM
I have just tried to enter the chat, and it's not working for me. Has this problem not yet been resolved? Is there, perhaps, a problem with my account?

Welcome from very close by! PM me if you want to know which city/town I live in.
Clinched, minus I-93 (I'm missing a few miles and my file is incorrect)

Traveled, plus US 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

I will be in Burlington VT for the eclipse.

cl94

The chat is dead. Long live the chat.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.