News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

CA 233

Started by Max Rockatansky, October 21, 2017, 11:25:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

Had a surprise drive north today which allowed me a chance to photo clinch CA 233:

https://flickr.com/photos/151828809@N08/sets/72157686427757532

I'll probably have a road blog up possibly tomorrow but I'm a little behind given I've been running around all day.  Pretty simple history; CA 233 was LRN 124 from 1933 until the 1964 state highway remembering.  Really there isn't much to 233 since it's slightly less than four miles.

Max Rockatansky

Road Blog on CA 233 is up:

http://surewhynotnow.blogspot.com/2017/10/california-state-route-233.html

I think that I'm going to start to tackle some of the older stuff I had in Max's Roads Pacific Southwest since it got all butchered by Photobucket going rogue.  Might be a good opportunity for do some really retro stuff that I've wanted to touch on again for awhile.

mrsman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 22, 2017, 11:17:32 PM

I think that I'm going to start to tackle some of the older stuff I had in Max's Roads Pacific Southwest since it got all butchered by Photobucket going rogue.  Might be a good opportunity for do some really retro stuff that I've wanted to touch on again for awhile.

I would encourage you to do so.   The blogs are very informative and you can add a lot of context to your pics.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: mrsman on October 24, 2017, 07:36:41 PM

I would encourage you to do so.   The blogs are very informative and you can add a lot of context to your pics.

I've been finding them to useful for me in regards to actually organizing my notes and what I was doing.  Generally I already have something like a paragraph or two explanation on my older road albums, it would be nice to get everything organized information wise.  Besides, I actually really enjoy the research end of things after being out on road.

mrsman

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 25, 2017, 12:44:28 AM

I've been finding them to useful for me in regards to actually organizing my notes and what I was doing.  Generally I already have something like a paragraph or two explanation on my older road albums, it would be nice to get everything organized information wise.  Besides, I actually really enjoy the research end of things after being out on road.

In many ways many of us are enjoying your scenery as well and taking advantage of the fact that you have the time to take such travels.  I grew up in the LA area and did graduate work in Northern California.  So I frequently drove along the 101, 5, and 99 but haven't done too much of the east-west highways through the central parts of the state or really explored the mountainous area along the 395.  So I and many others can enjoy your efforts, even if we are too busy or too far away to actually do the driving that you do.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: mrsman on October 25, 2017, 07:31:42 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on October 25, 2017, 12:44:28 AM

In many ways many of us are enjoying your scenery as well and taking advantage of the fact that you have the time to take such travels.  I grew up in the LA area and did graduate work in Northern California.  So I frequently drove along the 101, 5, and 99 but haven't done too much of the east-west highways through the central parts of the state or really explored the mountainous area along the 395.  So I and many others can enjoy your efforts, even if we are too busy or too far away to actually do the driving that you do.

Appreciate the kind words.  Really the ironic thing is that I've found myself redoing older photo albums these days, I've had a huge glut of work travel up to Monterey County as of late.  With that in mind I've been trying to find time to get down to L.A. and San Diego to cover some stuff I used to use for work travels when I was based out of Phoenix.  I've done a lot of Mojave and eastern Sierra stuff this year that I'll probably upload into road blog format first. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.