News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Millennium Highway Facebook photo album updates

Started by hbelkins, March 25, 2014, 10:33:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

I have put up an assortment of photos from my trip to Hampton Roads and Delmarva this past weekend on the Millennium Highway Facebook page. This is a sampler of pictures that includes goofs, ugly signs, old signs and interesting signs. The album is open to public viewing, even to non-Facebook members -- or at least it's supposed to be. Let me know if you can't see it.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10152305390341469.1073741826.275641381468&type=1

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

hbelkins

I'm in the process of copying a lot of my photos over to the Millennium Highway Facebook page. I'm doing this in case something happens to the website. I've started with my oldest roadtrip photos (from 2001) and will be working forward in time. This is just another way of making them available to the public. Obviously, a lot of the signs photographed in 2001 have been replaced, so there are a few blasts from the past in those albums.

hbelkins

hbelkins

I've gotten the photo albums updated to reflect 2018 trips. This is duplicate content from my Flickr albums, but for those who have Facebook and might want to view or share from that platform, it's there.

hbelkins

Took a drive down to Elkhorn City today to check out the new portion of Future US 460 that opened last fall between KY 80 north of Elkhorn City and VA 80 at Breaks.

Photos here and can be viewed by anyone whether you're a Facebook member or not. I don't have these up on Flickr yet.

AsphaltPlanet

HB, if you set your camera to either "S" or "Tv" and set the value to "1/500" (or just "500" depending on the camera) you'll likely get much sharper photos.

There is more to know than that, and you'll probably still get some blurry photos, but they'll be blurry due to focus issues, and not due to motion blur from a slow shutter speed.
AsphaltPlanet.ca  Youtube -- Opinions expressed reflect the viewpoints of others.

hbelkins

Quote from: AsphaltPlanet on April 19, 2021, 10:19:47 AM
HB, if you set your camera to either "S" or "Tv" and set the value to "1/500" (or just "500" depending on the camera) you'll likely get much sharper photos.

There is more to know than that, and you'll probably still get some blurry photos, but they'll be blurry due to focus issues, and not due to motion blur from a slow shutter speed.

Most of those were manual focus set to infinity, which I find works well. The big issue is that my camera resets to auto focus after a certain short period of time, and if I don't pay attention and change it back, it will sometimes focus on a bug splat on the windshield instead of the sign or feature. I try to keep a faster shutter speed where possible.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.