News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

All four directions signed on one road at the same time

Started by ModernDayWarrior, July 30, 2018, 08:10:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Should we take up a collection, buy route sign replicas from Jake, and ninja-post the four-way concurrency?
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

What happened to TN 9? It's US 25W's companion unsigned secret state route.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

Mapmikey

Quote from: hbelkins on August 11, 2020, 01:31:30 PM
What happened to TN 9? It's US 25W's companion unsigned secret state route.

It follows US 25W onto I-40 and then I-640

CNGL-Leudimin

I'd like they sign TN 168 to I-40, since the former doesn't have a direct entrance to the latter. This would have the side effect of having all four directions signed on a single section of road at the same time :sombrero:.
Supporter of the construction of several running gags, including I-366 with a speed limit of 85 mph (137 km/h) and the Hypotenuse.

Please note that I may mention "invalid" FM channels, i.e. ending in an even number or down to 87.5. These are valid in Europe.

NWI_Irish96

There is a short segment in Logansport, IN, that gets you 3/4 of the way there. US 35 and IN 25 have a wrong way N/S concurrency and US 24 is and E/W highway on the same segment.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

dlsterner

Quote from: Mapmikey on August 08, 2020, 03:15:01 PM
Resurrecting the thread because I found one (albeit not fully signed):

This is in eastern Knoxville TN - https://goo.gl/maps/cj9wGmvQSussrjeo6

You are on US 11E south, US 25W north, US 70 west, and unsigned TN 9 north.  The sign says TN 168 west is to the left.

TN 168 east is also (unsigned) straight ahead.

TN 168 was extended over US 11E-70 when US 25W was moved to I-40 and 640.  Though not necessary, TN 9 was also moved with it.  Thus there was no state designation on US 11E-70 west of I-40.  They put TN 168 on it.  Maps show this and there is a TN 168 mile posting at the US 11E-11W split - https://goo.gl/maps/whkXNQMejqRuBz4U9

So while not posted, it does exist on a 0.9 mile stretch of highway in Tennessee.

Quote from: kphoger on August 11, 2020, 12:46:21 PM
Should we take up a collection, buy route sign replicas from Jake, and ninja-post the four-way concurrency?

Yes, somebody should absolutely do this!  Ninja-mount the signs and get a photo.  Think about it - you would be a hero to the whole forum!

(The fine print:  I am not responsible for any difficulties anyone would have with any law enforcement agencies if you were to try this.  Don't say "dlsterner told me to" ... I will deny, deny, deny!)

kphoger

Quote from: dlsterner on August 12, 2020, 10:38:23 PM

Quote from: Mapmikey on August 08, 2020, 03:15:01 PM
Resurrecting the thread because I found one (albeit not fully signed):

This is in eastern Knoxville TN - https://goo.gl/maps/cj9wGmvQSussrjeo6

You are on US 11E south, US 25W north, US 70 west, and unsigned TN 9 north.  The sign says TN 168 west is to the left.

TN 168 east is also (unsigned) straight ahead.

TN 168 was extended over US 11E-70 when US 25W was moved to I-40 and 640.  Though not necessary, TN 9 was also moved with it.  Thus there was no state designation on US 11E-70 west of I-40.  They put TN 168 on it.  Maps show this and there is a TN 168 mile posting at the US 11E-11W split - https://goo.gl/maps/whkXNQMejqRuBz4U9

So while not posted, it does exist on a 0.9 mile stretch of highway in Tennessee.

Quote from: kphoger on August 11, 2020, 12:46:21 PM

Yes, somebody should absolutely do this!  Ninja-mount the signs and get a photo.  Think about it - you would be a hero to the whole forum!

(The fine print:  I am not responsible for any difficulties anyone would have with any law enforcement agencies if you were to try this.  Don't say "dlsterner told me to" ... I will deny, deny, deny!)

The internet is forever.  You can delete your post, but you can't delete mine.   :evilgrin:
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.