CA-12 in Sonoma County the scene of Windows XP hill wallpaper

Started by bing101, January 02, 2022, 12:08:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

https://www.sfgate.com/travel/article/Windows-XP-Bliss-Hill-Sonoma-Charles-O-Rear-15976588.php
This is an interesting history of Microsoft and it's off a road I visited before but never knew the Windows XP Hill was there.

Techknow

Yes I have wondered this as well. There's a video where someone commented that the photographer shot the photo for the wallpaper at a perfect time.

Without spoiling, here is the comment in the video: LINK

The good news is that the author of the above video recreated the wallpaper by visiting the Palouse region in eastern Washington. I love to visit there one day!

bing101

Quote from: Techknow on January 02, 2022, 06:12:37 PM
Yes I have wondered this as well. There's a video where someone commented that the photographer shot the photo for the wallpaper at a perfect time.

Without spoiling, here is the comment in the video: LINK

The good news is that the author of the above video recreated the wallpaper by visiting the Palouse region in eastern Washington. I love to visit there one day!

I would have picked rural Ireland or rural New Zealand as a guess for the Windows XP Hill never Sonoma County, CA given that there are vines in the area. I been through the area before but never seen it as a green grass.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.