News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

Freezing Iguanas falling from trees

Started by Max Rockatansky, January 28, 2022, 08:14:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Max Rockatansky

kevinb1994

There's a Flying Iguana Latin fusion restaurant and bar around here. Wonder if Shad Khan has been there, as his investment company is, well, Iguana.

thspfc

This is a major problem in my yard. There are half a dozen dead iguanas on my lawn.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on January 28, 2022, 12:30:56 PM
This is a major problem in my yard. There are half a dozen dead iguanas on my lawn.

Certainly was an issue in my yard on Cudjoe Key.  That and feral chickens randomly trying to hang out wherever they could find shade.

TheHighwayMan3561

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 28, 2022, 01:17:47 PM

Certainly was an issue in my yard on Cudjoe Key.  That and feral chickens randomly trying to hang out wherever they could find shade.

I forgot about the Key West chickens. Those and the mopeds.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: TheHighwayMan394 on January 28, 2022, 01:20:50 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 28, 2022, 01:17:47 PM

I forgot about the Key West chickens. Those and the mopeds.

Complete with an actual Moped Gang that was known for stealing bikes.

triplemultiplex

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 28, 2022, 01:23:16 PM

When you say "bikes" do you mean bicycles or motorcycles?
"Moped Gang' elicits certain imagery.  Like it would be a mismatch if they squared off against the Hell's Angels, if you catch my drift.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: triplemultiplex on January 28, 2022, 09:41:58 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on January 28, 2022, 01:23:16 PM

When you say "bikes" do you mean bicycles or motorcycles?
"Moped Gang' elicits certain imagery.  Like it would be a mismatch if they squared off against the Hell's Angels, if you catch my drift.

As in "bicycles"  but they've had been known to hit mopeds also.  And the images you probably have in your head (if they are imaginative) are likely close to accurate.

Road Hog

I've always heard iguana tastes like chicken.

Dirt Roads

It wasn't an iguana, but many years ago I was helping a friend clear out a place in the woods in (then) rural St. John's County for his new home when a chameleon dropped out of a 50-foot tree and landed on my shoulder.  He looked up at my face, scurried down my leg, saw my friend digging and then ran back up and perched safely on my shoulder for a minute or so.  His wife almost passed out.  Turns out that we were removing all of the palmettos within 50 feet of the new house because she couldn't stand the fact that the sand rattlers live in the base of small palmettos (never mind that they aren't big enough to bite you, except perhaps in the web between your fingers).

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

mukade

Quote from: Road Hog on January 29, 2022, 01:17:18 AM
I've always heard iguana tastes like chicken.

Quote"unbelievably horrible.... I want to dip my head in a bucket of lye, pull my eyes out of their sockets, and jump off a cliff."

-Anthony Bourdain

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.