News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Main Menu

Best place for a highway shield tattoo?

Started by J3ebrules, May 13, 2022, 11:56:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J3ebrules

I'm feeling the itch to get a new tattoo, and I'm thinking a highway shield would represent my interests and love of driving and American highways.

So, if you were to get a highway shield as a tattoo, where on your body would you get it - and which highway would it be??
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

Max Rockatansky

I have a US 66 on my left bicep, it's the only tattoo I have.  The shield shape is based off the original US Route shield spec. 

JayhawkCO

If I were to get one, it'd probably be I-70 somewhere on my forearm.

formulanone

For the sake of discussion — I have no interest in getting a tattoo — a shield with a question mark or heart symbol is the kind of "statement of quasi-vagueness" I'd go for.

TheHighwayMan3561

I helped design a US 61 tattoo for a friend (she got it on a forearm I believe), but I have no interest in any for myself.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Takumi

Quote from: Rothman on July 15, 2021, 07:52:59 AM
Olive Garden must be stopped.  I must stop them.

Don't @ me. Seriously.

jeffandnicole

I've been thinking of this very thing recently. If I were to get one, probably the NJ Tpk shield on an ankle/lower shin area.

dlsterner

Scott5114

Quote from: jeffandnicole on May 14, 2022, 01:25:36 PM
I've been thinking of this very thing recently. If I were to get one, probably the NJ Tpk shield on an ankle/lower shin area.

I wouldn't touch anything owned by NJTA–they are very litigious and regularly go after businesses selling merchandise with the NJTP/GSP shields on it with cease and desist letters and lawsuits. No idea if they'd go after someone with a tattoo if they found out about it, but I definitely wouldn't want to risk putting something on my body that some shithead in a tie might want to drag me to court over.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

J3ebrules

Quote from: formulanone on May 14, 2022, 09:30:49 AM
For the sake of discussion — I have no interest in getting a tattoo — a shield with a question mark or heart symbol is the kind of "statement of quasi-vagueness" I'd go for.

I actually love this idea so much.
Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike - they’ve all come to look for America! (Simon & Garfunkel)

J3ebrules

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 14, 2022, 05:31:50 PM

I wouldn't touch anything owned by NJTA–they are very litigious and regularly go after businesses selling merchandise with the NJTP/GSP shields on it with cease and desist letters and lawsuits. No idea if they'd go after someone with a tattoo if they found out about it, but I definitely wouldn't want to risk putting something on my body that some shithead in a tie might want to drag me to court over.

Aaaaand this is what I was thinking of for myself. NJTP logo. Well now 😂😂

kkt

Scott5114

Quote from: J3ebrules on May 15, 2022, 09:49:02 PM
Quote from: Scott5114 on May 14, 2022, 05:31:50 PM

Aaaaand this is what I was thinking of for myself. NJTP logo. Well now 😂😂

You could always get a NJ-700 shield. :P

1995hoo

I have no interest in getting a tattoo.

With that said, pick a road that widens and contracts multiple times and get it tattooed on... well, you figure it out.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

kphoger

Best place for a highway shield tattoo?

Probably Wynwood, Miami...
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Max Rockatansky

Adding to my original post, I've thought about on occasion getting a second highway tattoo on my right bicep.  Some of the front runners for the second tattoo would be US 99, CA 1 and US 1 given they have significance during the last ten years of my life.  Right now I would probably say an CSAA style US 99 shield is what I would lean into given that I have a page dedicated to the highway.  The reverse tattoo of US 66 would kind of be fitting I think.

Mapmikey

A route shield tattoo should be on the shoulder, where a lot of them exist in the field...

Max Rockatansky

The shoulder feels like an odd location on the body to put a tattoo to me.  You'd have to pull your shirt to an abnormal height or take it off complete if somehow one was inclined to show the tattoo off.  I think the biceps work fine as a shield location given it also served to hide it from view in a professional setting.

triplemultiplex

Sleeve tatt with every route you've clinched.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

JayhawkCO

Quote from: triplemultiplex on May 16, 2022, 04:31:46 PM
Sleeve tatt with every route you've clinched.

I actually am thinking about getting a half sleeve with the flag of every country I've been to.

Scott5114

It would be kind of cool to get a map of the Interstate System. Bad thing is, you'd probably feel compelled to keep it updated as they add new mileage...

LilianaUwU

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 16, 2022, 05:44:19 PM
It would be kind of cool to get a map of the Interstate System. Bad thing is, you'd probably feel compelled to keep it updated as they add new mileage...

Let's just say North Carolina might hurt more than other states in that case.
"Volcano with no fire... Not volcano... Just mountain."
—Mr. Thwomp

My pronouns are she/her. Also, I'm an admin on the AARoads Wiki.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

US 1, on the forehead, between the eyes.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

hbelkins

Nowhere.

For me, at least. I have no desire to get inked. My wife, mother-in-law, and sister-in-law all have tattoos, but that's not for me.

Just don't ask for US 13 and get a US 31.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

davewiecking

Quote from: Mapmikey on May 16, 2022, 02:47:23 PM
A route shield tattoo should be on the shoulder, where a lot of them exist in the field...

Best answer yet. Shoulder, or perhaps overhead?

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.