News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Things To Get the Mods for Xmas, Female Roadgeek Census, and Other Miscellany

Started by vtk, December 20, 2013, 01:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbelkins

Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 08, 2014, 01:30:35 PM
indeed.  I'm about 95% straight.  hey, David Bowie is hot; this is a universal fact!  I don't think (even if I weren't in a relationship) I'd act on any attractions I felt towards men, but I am completely okay with acknowledging that some of them are pretty damn attractive.

I am probably the world's worst judge of male attractiveness. I can look at a male and think, "He fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, and when he landed the tree fell on top of him," but I can't look at a male and think, "He's a handsome chap."

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

formulanone

Why does Tapatalk crash when entering this (and only this) thread? Have we asked too much of it?

[/wrong sub-forum but not really the wrong sub-forum]

codyg1985

^ I had another thread where Tapatalk crashed, but I can't remember which thread it was.

This is a very interesting discussion about sexuality and road geeks. I too have noticed a higher concentration of LBGTQ people that partake in our hobby, but I haven't thought much about it before. I think there are other female road geeks out there, but they just don't know it yet because they have not sought such a community as of yet. However, I still think there will always be more guys than girls. I have also noticed that more than a few people that are road geeks also tend to have a mild case of Asperger's. I do wonder if there is a reason for all of this, or it just happens to be this way.

I have also thought that someone can be part gay and part straight on a spectrum of 0 (homosexual) to 100 (heterosexual). Some people are attracted to certain attributes of men but at the same time may be attracted to other attributes of women. There are also plenty of people that probably are close to 0 or 100, but I also feel that it is very possible to be somewhere in the middle. I do wonder if there is a test out there that could give you that score.

Cody Goodman
Huntsville, AL, United States

vtk

Quote from: formulanone on January 08, 2014, 02:43:18 PM
Why does Tapatalk crash when entering this (and only this) thread? Have we asked too much of it?

[/wrong sub-forum but not really the wrong sub-forum]

Might be the ridiculously long topic title...
Wait, it's all Ohio? Always has been.

Molandfreak

Quote from: codyg1985 on January 08, 2014, 03:44:32 PM
^ I had another thread where Tapatalk crashed, but I can't remember which thread it was.

This is a very interesting discussion about sexuality and road geeks. I too have noticed a higher concentration of LBGTQ people that partake in our hobby, but I haven't thought much about it before. I think there are other female road geeks out there, but they just don't know it yet because they have not sought such a community as of yet. However, I still think there will always be more guys than girls. I have also noticed that more than a few people that are road geeks also tend to have a mild case of Asperger's. I do wonder if there is a reason for all of this, or it just happens to be this way.

I have also thought that someone can be part gay and part straight on a spectrum of 0 (homosexual) to 100 (heterosexual). Some people are attracted to certain attributes of men but at the same time may be attracted to other attributes of women. There are also plenty of people that probably are close to 0 or 100, but I also feel that it is very possible to be somewhere in the middle. I do wonder if there is a test out there that could give you that score.
Call me an asshole, but I believe any significant increase in a minority population among roadgeeks is completely coincidental. The fact that I'm bi does not have anything to do with my interest in roads. As for the aspergers/autism thing, I believe that's coincidental, too. I haven't met any roadgeeks in person, so I may not be in a position to touch on this subject, but roads aren't a very social subject and that's a reason why we are often introverted. I'm not autistic in any way, likewise with others who use the AJAX chat (the only roadgeeks I've "talked" to). I don't know why I'm sensitive to statements regarding autism/aspergers in the roadgeek community, I just am.
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on December 05, 2023, 08:24:57 PM
AASHTO attributes 28.5% of highway inventory shrink to bad road fan social media posts.

Alps

Quote from: Molandfreak on January 08, 2014, 07:04:13 PM
Quote from: codyg1985 on January 08, 2014, 03:44:32 PM

Call me an asshole, but I believe any significant increase in a minority population among roadgeeks is completely coincidental. The fact that I'm bi does not have anything to do with my interest in roads. As for the aspergers/autism thing, I believe that's coincidental, too. I haven't met any roadgeeks in person, so I may not be in a position to touch on this subject, but roads aren't a very social subject and that's a reason why we are often introverted. I'm not autistic in any way, likewise with others who use the AJAX chat (the only roadgeeks I've "talked" to). I don't know why I'm sensitive to statements regarding autism/aspergers in the roadgeek community, I just am.
It's not coincidental. People on the autism/Asperger's spectrum like to put things in order, maintain lists, have routines, etc., which lends itself very nicely to roads and their websites.

bugo

bugo

Quote from: hbelkins on January 08, 2014, 01:46:04 PM
Quote from: agentsteel53 on January 08, 2014, 01:30:35 PM
indeed.  I'm about 95% straight.  hey, David Bowie is hot; this is a universal fact!  I don't think (even if I weren't in a relationship) I'd act on any attractions I felt towards men, but I am completely okay with acknowledging that some of them are pretty damn attractive.

I am probably the world's worst judge of male attractiveness. I can look at a male and think, "He fell out of an ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down, and when he landed the tree fell on top of him," but I can't look at a male and think, "He's a handsome chap."

Do you not find your kitty cats to be beautiful ?  Are you sexually attracted to them?  Why is male attractiveness always assumed to be sexual attractiveness?  I don't have to have any sexual desire towards guys to know that some guys are better looking than others. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.