News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Yellow maximum height panels on Oklahoma turnpike entrances

Started by bugo, September 23, 2013, 12:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bugo

I've noticed that about 2 months ago, OTA put yellow panels on the huge white signs at turnpike entrances with the turnpike regulations.  The yellow panels list the maximum height.  Is this a new requirement, aka purple signs?

Scott5114

I assumed that the maximum height changed and they had just used a yellow patch instead of a white one because they're dumb. Or maybe they were trying to draw attention to the height because of a spate of overheight incidents.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

All of the turnpike regulations signs that I've seen now have the yellow panel.

rte66man

Quote from: Scott5114 on September 23, 2013, 01:51:48 PM
I assumed that the maximum height changed and they had just used a yellow patch instead of a white one because they're dumb. Or maybe they were trying to draw attention to the height because of a spate of overheight incidents.

You are correct sir!

The number of semis that have run into overpasses has risen (can't find the reference).  OTA wanted to try to make the height restrictions stand out so they did the yellow overlay on the white signs.  Don't think it will help but it was worth a try.

rte66man
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.