AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: What is the highest classification of road beside which you have urinated?  (Read 57217 times)

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• Last Login: November 21, 2016, 09:58:39 AM
    • AARoads Shield Gallery

for me, four-lane divided expressway.  US-395 in the Owens Valley.

never done an interstate.  Perhaps I should change this fact.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 02:48:46 AM

never done an interstate.  Perhaps I should change this fact.

I am sure I have done it at some point (probably on I-70 when encountering an unexpected rest area closure).  When you do it, could you kindly look for a culvert and do it out of sight, please?
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Fleetwood Mac Attack

• Last Login: March 20, 2018, 12:04:20 PM

I-65 somewhere between Montgomery and Mobile. Boom.

corco

• Just Livin' the Dream

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:47:40 AM
    • Corcohighways.org

I don't think I've done an interstate. I'm usually pretty picky. I did take a piss next to US-90 between Nome and China, Texas back in May and I'm pretty sure that's the biggest road I've ever pissed next to.

NE2

• fuck

• Last Login: March 11, 2024, 12:16:05 AM

I pissed into the wind once. Does that count as an airway?
pre-1945 Florida route log

I accept and respect your identity as long as it's not dumb shit like "identifying as a vaccinated attack helicopter".

Riverside Frwy

• California State Route 91 - The Riverside Freeway

• Last Login: June 15, 2013, 02:47:02 AM

Only a 2 lane road, somewhere in Northern California along US 395. I only go if I'm in the middle of no where and have to go NOW. Most of time I can find a bathroom.

I'd imagine it would be odd to go next to an interstate though, people zooming by at 70+ mph and you go walking into the bush and trees....they might think you got a body down there.

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery

When you do it, could you kindly look for a culvert and do it out of sight, please?

no.  while I will turn away from traffic in a manner that makes it obvious what I am doing, I like to be seen so that if traffic has the choice between careening off the road and killing me, and careening off the road and not killing me, that option isn't left solely to chance.

jake@aaroads.com

kurumi

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:06:26 PM
    • kurumi.com

County Road PP, outside Plymouth, Wisconsin*. Seemed oddly appropriate.

*(this is not actually true)
My first SF/horror short story collection is available: "Young Man, Open Your Winter Eye"

1995hoo

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:22:06 PM

I-77, standing on the shoulder in plain view of traffic that was at a total standstill (so my car was stopped in a thru lane).
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

thenetwork

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 11:28:55 AM

As recently stated in another post (perhaps the basis of this one???  ;-) ), I can claim a multiplex and turnpike in one fell swoop -- Ohio Turnpike/I-80/I-90 near Berlin Hts. and I want to say I had to find some "relief" on I-77 in north of the tunnel which is solely in Virginia.  There was an accident in the tunnel and traffic was stopped for almost 2 hours before they 2-wayed the other portal. 

mtantillo

• Last Login: May 21, 2023, 04:48:53 PM

Interstate - ticket toll road....and a busy one at that: the NJ Turnpike. 

Left Long Island, drank a big bottle of water.  Got over the Outerbridge Crossing, and bam, 440 is at a standstill because of an accident between the Parkway and the Turnpike.  Finally squeezed over onto the shoulder and got off onto US 9 south, then took 9 to West Main Street (Freehold exit) to NJ 33 to the turnpike.  By this time, the situation was getting quite urgent, since we were delayed for quite a while in that mess and through that detour, and the whole bottle of water.  But of course we had gotten onto the Turnpike south of the Molly Pitcher Service Area.  And it was a summer weekend, traffic was crawling.  Was only maybe 5 miles from Richard Stockton Service Area when I gave up and pulled off the road and dove into a ditch. 

formulanone

• latest clinch

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:14:36 PM

Off the side of the road of I-40 as a kid...pretty much a rite of passage as an American boy. Nowadays, I find a proper location, although county routes suffice if you've gotta go.

About 15 years ago, I got a little lost by some orange groves, and pulled over onto a dirt path, walked a few feet away, and completed my transaction. Walked back to the car, and a pickup truck with two Bubbas shouted "Hey, you ain't taking any fruit, are ya!" I pointed to my puddle with both open hands, and they laughed and sped off. Never steal any citrus fruit, from what I'd heard. Otherwise, I don't know what would have happened...
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 11:46:04 AM by formulanone »

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway

Now that I am an adult, I can't remember exactly which bridge it was, but as a kid there was a certain bridge on I-64 between Frankfort and Louisville where we invariably had to stop for my brother and me to pee. It was an overpass with a crossroad going over the interstate, but there was enough room to where we could go far enough off the road that we couldn't be seen.

Most recently, I had to stop at a roadside park along US 50 in Missouri. There were no restrooms, but I stepped past a picnic table. No one else was there and I was not visible from the road.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

apeman33

• Last Login: December 09, 2023, 12:49:06 AM

Not right by an interstate but on a couple of exit ramps or underpasses.

1995hoo

I'm tempted to start a thread with the subject line "What is the highest classification of road beside which you have defecated?" But that seems a little over-the-top.

agentsteel53

• invisible hand

• long live button copy!

• AARoads Shield Gallery

I'm tempted to start a thread with the subject line "What is the highest classification of road beside which you have defecated?" But that seems a little over-the-top.

and then vomited, masturbated, buried a body, built an interstate on the exact same right-of-way ... yes, that last one would surely be over the top.

jake@aaroads.com

1995hoo

and then vomited, masturbated, buried a body, built an interstate on the exact same right-of-way ... yes, that last one would surely be over the top.

I haven't done any of those, but I have taken a dump next to US-1 (behind a bridge abutment to try to make it less obvious what was going on).

roadfro

• Last Login: March 17, 2024, 07:21:57 PM

Interstate 80 in California, somewhere between the west side of Donner Pass and the Nevada state line. I was with a group of fraternity brothers heading back to Reno from a service event in southern CA. It was February and it was snowing in the Sierra Nevada. I think the Interstate must have been closed for a while due to snow, cause there were numerous cars just stopped on the freeway for at least an hour. Several of us had to go, so we ended up actually going against the tires of our truck on the freeway, as the snow was piling up and none of us were dressed for snow.

Surprisingly, I don't think I ever went along the side of the road while I was a summer intern with NDOT several years ago.
Roadfro - AARoads Pacific Southwest moderator since 2010, Nevada roadgeek since 1983.

SSOWorld

• 'Sconsin

• Interstate <Make up your mind!>

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:24:47 PM

I ended up having to take a dump off I-90-94 between Wisconsin Dells and Portage. It was night during the winter. :ded:
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

J N Winkler

• Last Login: Today at 02:48:46 AM

I'd imagine it would be odd to go next to an interstate though, people zooming by at 70+ mph and you go walking into the bush and trees....they might think you got a body down there.

Actually, if you have to do a body dump, you want a far lower classification of road, to give decomposition enough time to destroy any forensic evidence that might tie the corpse to you.  Interstates have too much traffic and therefore too many potential witnesses; also, the culverts, basins, and other drainage appliances get too-frequent maintenance attention.
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

SSOWorld

• 'Sconsin

• Interstate <Make up your mind!>

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 07:24:47 PM

You also have fences deliminating the right of way.
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

Truvelo

• Speed limits limit life

• Last Login: December 08, 2023, 03:39:16 PM

You have to be careful piddling behind trees and bushes. I had to take a piss here today and the area in among the bushes was covered in used toilet paper, not to mention a pile of the brown stuff that comes out your butt. I only ever piss in locations like that. If I need a poo I'll always use a proper restroom.
Speed limits limit life

1995hoo

You have to be careful piddling behind trees and bushes. I had to take a piss here today and the area in among the bushes was covered in used toilet paper, not to mention a pile of the brown stuff that comes out your butt. I only ever piss in locations like that. If I need a poo I'll always use a proper restroom.

Sometimes you simply can't wait to find one (as in the time noted in my prior comment about roadside crapping)!

Sykotyk

• Last Login: February 21, 2024, 11:11:42 AM

Interstate. Sometimes it happens. Just because you think you can hold it to the next exit doesn't mean you can.

triplemultiplex

• "You read it; you can't unread it!"

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 03:51:37 PM

I-65 north of Nashville, TN.  Traffic was stopped in both directions due to a collision requiring flight-for-life, so after tossing a football around with my brothers for a while, I wandered to the vacant SB lanes and wizzed in the brush in the R/W.  I was able to take a look at a small creek from there that contained numerous suckers and minnows.
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.