AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: I-240 extension in Oklahoma City  (Read 13450 times)

Scott5114

• Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

• Last Login: Today at 06:52:13 PM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
Re: I-240 extension in Oklahoma City
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2021, 05:54:32 PM »

That would create a new seamless connection if I-44 all the way from I-35 near Edmond to I-44 near Bridge Creek. Extend SH-74 south to H.E. Bailey Norman Spur and end it there. I don’t know what to sign the HE Bailey Spur or the section of I-44 from SH-74 to I-35. Extend I-235 North to I-44(currently Kilpatrick). It removes a concurrency as well.

You couldn't extend SH-74 there, because at that point it would conflict with the other SH-74, which is in McClain County (the two were connected before the Interstate system was built). That would probably be better off as a 3di of some kind.

If you're not going to make the Bailey spur SH-4, the options are 304, 309, 376, or an I-x44.

yakra

• Last Login: November 26, 2021, 12:59:11 PM
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2021, 12:24:37 PM »

d) Addition of a new Designation of SH-4 to the H.E. Bailey Turnpike – Norman Spur
;)

I don’t know what to sign ... the section of I-44 from SH-74 to I-35.
Slap an I-644 or I-844 on it?

Extend I-235 North to I-44(currently Kilpatrick). It removes a concurrency as well.
This adds some more I-235/US77 concurrency. Don't know if you're referring to the 235 extension or your proposal overall, but what concurrency would be removed?
"Officer, I'm always careful to drive the speed limit no matter where I am and that's what I was doin'." Said "No, you weren't," she said, "Yes, I was." He said, "Madam, I just clocked you at 22 MPH," and she said "That's the speed limit," he said "No ma'am, that's the route numbah!"  - Gary Crocker

Plutonic Panda

• Last Login: Today at 07:12:15 PM
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2021, 02:45:35 PM »

d) Addition of a new Designation of SH-4 to the H.E. Bailey Turnpike – Norman Spur
;)

I don’t know what to sign ... the section of I-44 from SH-74 to I-35.
Slap an I-644 or I-844 on it?

Extend I-235 North to I-44(currently Kilpatrick). It removes a concurrency as well.
This adds some more I-235/US77 concurrency. Don't know if you're referring to the 235 extension or your proposal overall, but what concurrency would be removed?
I didn’t word that last one very well. I meant it removes the I-44/I-35 concurrency.

Rothman

• Last Login: Today at 06:33:35 PM
« Reply #153 on: November 07, 2021, 05:47:59 PM »

So...how quickly is I-240 going to be signed as the approved beltway again?
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

« Reply #154 on: November 07, 2021, 08:02:37 PM »

As far as I know, it's still pending AASHTO/FHWA approval. I don't know whether it was submitted at the last AASHTO meeting or not. The other designations approved at the beginning of August were signed in mid-October, so figure 2˝ months from the date that FHWA gives the go-ahead, I guess?

Rothman

• Last Login: Today at 06:33:35 PM
« Reply #155 on: November 07, 2021, 08:42:38 PM »

As far as I know, it's still pending AASHTO/FHWA approval. I don't know whether it was submitted at the last AASHTO meeting or not. The other designations approved at the beginning of August were signed in mid-October, so figure 2˝ months from the date that FHWA gives the go-ahead, I guess?
Ah, okay.  I must have misread somewhere that approval was somehow mixed in with the infrastructure bill.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position(s) of NYSDOT.

Scott5114

« Reply #156 on: November 07, 2021, 11:43:14 PM »

Ah, okay.  I must have misread somewhere that approval was somehow mixed in with the infrastructure bill.

You may be thinking of I-46/I-48/whatever the US-412 upgrade will become, which indeed ended up as part of the infrastructure bill.

General procedure for highway designations in Oklahoma is vote of the Transportation Commission → AASHTO → FHWA (with the last two steps, of course, only being needed for US and Interstate designations; for state designations the Transportation Commission approval is all that's needed to start running off meat cleavers). Presumably I-46/I-48/whatever will follow the same track.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.