News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

What's your weather currently?

Started by Desert Man, February 03, 2016, 12:54:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Hurricane Rex

Well, after 2 weeks of dry weather (2nd longest for the month), we finally got some rain today. Thankfully it stayed until after my morning race. :bigass:   This will be like this for a few days until back to dry weather, another update then as models are currently uncertain 10 days out if there will be an arctic blast here or not.
ODOT, raise the speed limit and fix our traffic problems.

Road and weather geek for life.

Running till I die.

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Hurricane Rex

Just in: Models are more certain of an attic blast to the Portland area:
December 26 high (mean ensemble): 27
Ensemble mean on snow on January 1: 2 inches deep (although not confident based on wide spread here)
Chance of snow this coming Friday is increasing. The Euro model has a half an inch falling that day although the GFS still has none.

Until then: just wet and/or cloudy.

Running till I die.

Roadgeekteen

ET21

Unseasonably mild for the week leading up to Christmas. Models have been hinting at a Christmas Day snow before a decent arctic blast  :-(
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Roadgeekteen

Hurricane Rex

Another change in the models: Snow and ice are now coming on Christmas day here.

1.1 inches of rain here, 70% of my December rainfall.

Running till I die.

ET21

Quote from: Hurricane Rex on December 20, 2017, 03:52:20 AM
Another change in the models: Snow and ice are now coming on Christmas day here.

And Santa Barbara can't get a lick of rain for the fires. Insane how the West Coast topography and overall upper air pattern influences the weather
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

jakeroot

Those chances appear to have dwindled. I was also seeing a chance of ice for Christmas up here, but it looks like it will be raining both here and down in Portland as well.

Roadgeekteen

cooler than yesterday but still in the 40s.

Hurricane Rex

Quote from: jakeroot on December 20, 2017, 03:36:34 PM

Those chances appear to have dwindled. I was also seeing a chance of ice for Christmas up here, but it looks like it will be raining both here and down in Portland as well.

It's always been uncertain however the main model runs have been switching constantly so I don't know what to trust anymore. Yesterday was snowy for Christmas, today it's borderline, tomorrow...

Running till I die.

Roadgeekteen

Buck87

Currently snowing and 32 degrees, and there's more snow forecast for tomorrow afternoon/evening. So it looks like we're going to have a white Christmas here for the first time in several years.

Roadgeekteen

21stCenturyRoad

Really awesome, 75 Degrees and calm. Just another winter day in Miami  :sombrero:
The truth is the truth even if no one believes it, and a lie is a lie even if everyone believes it.

Hurricane Rex

Model update: American models want freezing rain tomorrow, European models want snow tomorrow. European model also has the snow on the ground until Wednesday. Most TV meteorologists are siding with the American models.

We shall see.

Running till I die.

jakeroot

Also seeing a change of forecast up here. Now, Tacoma may see 1-3 inches of snow, depending on the elevation, from Sunday night into Monday. Tomorrow morning should be dry, with the precip arriving later in the day, initially in the form of freezing rain or rain, before transitioning to snow.

Up in Vancouver, the chances of a White Christmas seem quite certain. It's very cold. The question is not whether it will snow or rain, but whether or not precipitation will arrive. Most of the American forecasts suggest no precip at all, whereas TWN and the CBC are predicting snow (just not a bunch, but cold enough for it to stick around through Christmas Day).

1995hoo

72° and cloudy, forecast high today 79°. I know that's normal, but it still doesn't feel like Christmastime.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

MNHighwayMan

Got a couple inches of snow overnight and into today. It's still coming down, too. :cool:

jakeroot

Quote from: 1995hoo on December 24, 2017, 09:54:04 AM
72° and cloudy, forecast high today 79°. I know that's normal, but it still doesn't feel like Christmastime.

I'm guessing you're not in suburban DC.

Hurricane Rex

High of 33 today (at midnight) and half an inch of snow sandwiched in between .1 inch of ice on each side. Won't melt till Christmas afternoon.

Running till I die.

Hurricane Rex

Keeping posts seprate for simplicity sake:

Forcasters here went total bust today, but are other areas of the country like Portland and Seattle with uncertainty common? I don't know much except for my area and the Peoria TV stations.

Running till I die.

jp the roadgeek

4 hours ago the forecast called for up to 1"  of snow in my area.   Now there's a winter storm warning for my area and they're calling for 6-8"  :banghead: :angry:  And after tomorrow it's not going to get above 25 degrees until after New Years.  Boy are we paying the piper for a warm Fall and 2 easy winters here on the North Slope of CT
Interstates I've clinched: 97, 290 (MA), 291 (CT), 291 (MA), 293, 295 (DE-NJ-PA), 295 (RI-MA), 384, 391, 395 (CT-MA), 395 (MD), 495 (DE), 610 (LA), 684, 691, 695 (MD), 695 (NY), 795 (MD)

jakeroot

Areas south of Seattle got "plenty" of snow this evening...first white Christmas since 2008!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.