Two-Day Upper Peninsula Meet

Started by bulldog1979, October 23, 2011, 06:07:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texaskdog

You should meet in Marquette, and then drive to the end of Blind 35 and Bushwhack thru to the other end. :)

Alps

Quote from: texaskdog on March 27, 2012, 10:13:07 AM
You should meet in Marquette, and then drive to the end of Blind 35 and Bushwhack thru to the other end. :)
That would be enough to get me to show up

Brandon

Quote from: texaskdog on March 27, 2012, 10:13:07 AM

I've been on the other part, from the west, from L'Anse.  The road gets harder to follow once you get to Big Eric's Crossing.
"If you think this has a happy ending, you haven't been paying attention." - Ramsay Bolton, "Game of Thrones"

"Symbolic of his struggle against reality." - Reg, "Monty Python's Life of Brian"

A.J. Bertin

Quote from: bulldog1979 on March 19, 2012, 06:38:16 PM
Well, no weekend has been picked. I'm still waiting for people to speak up on if/when this will happen.

Hopefully you won't mind, but I'd like to make a suggestion.

Perhaps you could pick three or four specific dates based on the feedback you've received in this chain of messages so far. Throw out the dates and see if potential attendees could vote. For instance, that's what Jason Ilyes did when he was trying to pick a date for his Memphis road meet. He suggested specific weekends and people commented on those dates. Then, based on the feedback for those dates, he chose a weekend and it seems to work for most people.

It sounds like enough people are interested in the U.P. meet. We just need specific dates to choose from.
-A.J. from Michigan

A.J. Bertin

At this point, I won't be able to attend this road meet if it's scheduled for Labor Day weekend. My partner and I decided to take that weekend and spend it in the Cheboygan/Mackinac area. We'll be doing the bridge walk on Labor Day.

If there's anyone who plans to do the bridge walk, let me know and maybe you can join the two of us!
-A.J. from Michigan

Alps

If a UP meet can make it to Calumet (assuming Jake verifies the existence of the old signs), I'll find a way...

agentsteel53

Quote from: Steve on May 29, 2012, 08:39:36 PM
If a UP meet can make it to Calumet (assuming Jake verifies the existence of the old signs), I'll find a way...

I was told they were around as recently as Nov 2011.
live from sunny San Diego.

http://shields.aaroads.com

jake@aaroads.com

Hot Rod Hootenanny

I thought someone posted a photo of the signs in question on the Mid-America FB group. I know I've seen them elsewhere on the 'net.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

Alps

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 30, 2012, 10:41:56 PM

I thought someone posted a photo of the signs in question on the Mid-America FB group. I know I've seen them elsewhere on the 'net.
With something that old, continual verification is warranted.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.