Regional Boards > Northeast

New Jersey Turnpike

<< < (904/953) > >>

jeffandnicole:
Recently, a 'virtual room' was created for the upcoming Interchange 1 - 4 project.  With a setting of a nice, airy exhibit hall, the room currently shows some basic info such as a general flyover, project goals and a view then (1950s) and now (2020s) pictures.

https://aecomviz.com/NJTA1-4CEP-2022/

74/171FAN:
The flyover video erroneously shows an I-95 shield on this section.   :no:

02 Park Ave:
A Turnpike southbound to I-295 southbound/I-295 northbound to Turnpike northbound connection at Woodcrest would alleviate traffic on the Turnpike and eliminate the need for extravagant widening south of there.

jeffandnicole:

--- Quote from: 02 Park Ave on September 17, 2022, 11:54:05 AM ---A Turnpike southbound to I-295 southbound/I-295 northbound to Turnpike northbound connection at Woodcrest would alleviate traffic on the Turnpike and eliminate the need for extravagant widening south of there.

--- End quote ---

South of that point on 295 already operates at an E/F, and the current 295/76/42 project will reduce, but not eliminate, congestion on certain areas of that corridor. Traffic, as it currently is, doesn't take 95 because the Turnpike is normally the quickest route...even when factoring in congestion. When given the option at the Del Mem Bridge, traffic often takes the Turnpike rather than 295 for long distance travel, even though taking 295 will save several dollars in tolls.

The widening is needed, and offering improved  alternatives has shown to do little to encourage traffic to bypass the Turnpike.

famartin:

--- Quote from: jeffandnicole on September 17, 2022, 12:23:43 PM ---
--- Quote from: 02 Park Ave on September 17, 2022, 11:54:05 AM ---A Turnpike southbound to I-295 southbound/I-295 northbound to Turnpike northbound connection at Woodcrest would alleviate traffic on the Turnpike and eliminate the need for extravagant widening south of there.

--- End quote ---

South of that point on 295 already operates at an E/F, and the current 295/76/42 project will reduce, but not eliminate, congestion on certain areas of that corridor. Traffic, as it currently is, doesn't take 95 because the Turnpike is normally the quickest route...even when factoring in congestion. When given the option at the Del Mem Bridge, traffic often takes the Turnpike rather than 295 for long distance travel, even though taking 295 will save several dollars in tolls.

The widening is needed, and offering improved  alternatives has shown to do little to encourage traffic to bypass the Turnpike.

--- End quote ---

I wonder if a well-designed interchange at 42 (ignoring property and environmental constraints) would be enough to alleviate congestion on the southern section. (Of course itís not likely to happen).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version