News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big John

The Niners are down to 2 quarterbacks but won't reveal which one they will take. (Jones or Lance, they ruled out Fields)

Steelers will take Harris.

thspfc

Watch out for a Cardinals and Steelers pick swap . . . it makes sense in theory. Steelers need one of the top three offensive tackles, one of which will be on the board at #16, while the Cardinals need a wide receiver, and they're not getting one of the top three at #16 so there's not much reason to stay where they are. Such a trade would probably involve the Steelers giving the Cardinals their second round pick, and maybe a 5th/6th round pick as well.

I would be shocked if my Cowboys don't draft either Patrick Surtain or Jaycee Horn.

Green Bay will make their usual blunder, at least in the eyes of the media. Gutekunst will never be able to win the Wisconsin media's respect again after the Jordan Love pick.

A lot of people have been clamoring for a pick swap between the Falcons and Broncos, which would be an idiotic move on the part of the Broncos. Nobody between #3 (Niners) and #9 (Broncos) is even considering drafting a QB. I guess Denver might be interested in Kyle Pitts, but they already have a pretty good TE of their own, Noah Fant.

Joe Burrow is actively trying to get himself injured by telling the Bengals to draft Ja'Marr Chase rather than an offensive lineman. But none of that blame is going to fall on Burrow, because he's Ohio's golden boy and the Bengals are the bad guys, right?

My "mock draft"  (basically me making hot take picks without doing much research) has only four QBs drafted in the first round: Lawrence #1 to JAX, Wilson #2 to NYJ, Fields #3 to SF, Lance #20 to CHI. FWIW, I had Mac Jones going #41 to the Broncos. Now that they have Teddy Bridgewater, I'm going to say he goes #46 to the Patriots. I don't care how wrong it is, we'll see who gets the last laugh if Mac Jones doesn't succeed in the NFL.  :-D

We're less than 24 hours from the Jaguars' next first round pick, yet still over 1,000 days away from the Rams' next first round pick.

webny99

Quote from: thspfc on April 28, 2021, 10:16:26 PM
A lot of people have been clamoring for a pick swap between the Falcons and Broncos, which would be an idiotic move on the part of the Broncos. Nobody between #3 (Niners) and #9 (Broncos) is even considering drafting a QB.

I will have to disagree. Both the Lions and Panthers could (and I would argue should) be considering taking a QB, especially if Fields/Lance fall to them. There's no way either team is thinking they're set at QB for the future.

Quote from: thspfc on April 28, 2021, 10:16:26 PM
My "mock draft"  (basically me making hot take picks without doing much research) has only four QBs drafted in the first round: Lawrence #1 to JAX, Wilson #2 to NYJ, Fields #3 to SF, Lance #20 to CHI.

Per the post above yours, and from what I have heard as well, the 49ers pick is still uncertain but it likely won't be Fields.

TheHighwayMan3561

The more QBs that go early, the better that is for the Vikings.
self-certified as the dumbest person on this board for 5 years running

Alps

Quote from: Big John on April 28, 2021, 07:48:08 PM
The Niners are down to 2 quarterbacks but won't reveal which one they will take. (Jones or Lance, they ruled out Fields)

Steelers will take Harris.
I haven't seen any information in the last 48 hours on the Niners and Fields, so that may just be the rumor mill spinning. Prepare for anything.

OCGuy81

As a Packers fan, this is me anticipating tonight's draft..... :-|

NWI_Irish96

Oh, come on. The Packers have a stellar draft record compared to the Bears.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

OCGuy81

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 29, 2021, 10:20:08 AM
Oh, come on. The Packers have a stellar draft record compared to the Bears.

Yessssss, but it's the Bears.  That's not saying much. lol.

Roadgeekteen

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 29, 2021, 10:18:52 AM

Jordan Love
God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

OCGuy81

Quote from: Roadgeekteen on April 29, 2021, 10:29:33 AM
Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 29, 2021, 10:18:52 AM

Jordan Love

Exactly!  Though a silver lining with that might have been that the pick lit a fire under Rodgers, and he had an amazing season. 

NWI_Irish96

Rodgers didn't have an amazing season because of drafting Love. He had an amazing season because he finally got a better O-line.

If Aaron Rodgers had been drafted by and played behind the OL of the Bears, he'd have been out of the league long before now.

jmacswimmer

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 29, 2021, 11:45:41 AM
Rodgers didn't have an amazing season because of drafting Love. He had an amazing season because he finally got a better O-line.

If Aaron Rodgers had been drafted by and played behind the OL of the Bears, he'd have been out of the league long before now.

(See: Cutler, Jay)
"Now, what if da Bearss were to enter the Indianapolis 5-hunnert?"
"How would they compete?"
"Let's say they rode together in a big buss."
"Is Ditka driving?"
"Of course!"
"Then I like da Bear buss."
"DA BEARSSS BUSSSS"

webny99

The way you worded that sounds like it would've been the Bears OL drafting Rodgers.  :spin:

NWI_Irish96

Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 11:56:15 AM

The way you worded that sounds like it would've been the Bears OL drafting Rodgers.  :spin:

Bears OL couldn't be any worse at drafting than management.

In reality, the team needs new ownership. I get that George Halas is pretty much the guy who founded the NFL but his grandkids have proven that they are not cut out for running a football team.

webny99

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 29, 2021, 12:00:28 PM

In reality, the team needs new ownership. I get that George Halas is pretty much the guy who founded the NFL but his grandkids have proven that they are not cut out for running a football team.

Or even better, maybe OL stands for "Organizational Laughingstock"

OCGuy81

Quote from: cabiness42 on April 29, 2021, 12:00:28 PM

Plenty of terrible owners out there, but yes, the Halas grandkids aren't that competent at running the team.

(also see Jones, Jerruh)

The Cowboys suffer from a megalomaniac owner who THINKS he's also a coach.....doesn't work so well. 

OCGuy81

Quote from: jmacswimmer on April 29, 2021, 11:49:10 AM

(See: Cutler, Jay)

LOL.....reminded me of this gem.  :-D

Roadgeekteen

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

NWI_Irish96

Roadgeekteen

webny99

Hopefully the Packers have sense enough to draft Kadarius Toney or another offensive weapon with the #29 pick tonight.

OCGuy81

Quote from: webny99 on April 29, 2021, 04:18:32 PM
Hopefully the Packers have sense enough to draft Kadarius Toney or another offensive weapon with the #29 pick tonight.

I'm hoping they're smarter this year.  They've traded with Indy to move to 21 last I saw.

Roadgeekteen

They might need a quarterback...

webny99

Quote from: OCGuy81 on April 29, 2021, 04:19:25 PM

I'm hoping they're smarter this year.  They've traded with Indy to move to 21 last I saw.

They did? Did that just break?

Only reason I ask is because this is from their Twitter account just a couple hours ago:
https://twitter.com/packers/status/1387826818141544456

Big John

I couldn't find any links verifying such trade.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.