News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Main Menu

NFL (2024 Season)

Started by webny99, February 04, 2020, 02:35:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bing101

Quote from: tchafe1978 on November 05, 2021, 01:37:48 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on November 05, 2021, 12:26:31 PM
I didn't know Rodgers was such a fucking idiot!  :banghead:

Bunch of fake medicine bullshit; what a dumbass!  Be lucky if he's back next week since he was completely unvaxxed.  God, what a shitiot.  That's my new word; combining shithead and idiot.

What bothers me about the whole thing isn't that he wasn't vaccinated. It's that he was deceptive about his vaccination status, and then went to the league to try to flout the rules so he could act as if he was vaccinated when he wasn't. Get the shot, don't get the shot, I don't care. But rules are rules and he didn't follow protocols for unvaccinated players, and now it could potentially cost the Packers a game or two. But on the bright side, at least it gives them a chance to see what they have in Jordan Love. Hopefully he surprises everyone and the Packers pull off a win.

Edit: flout not flaunt

https://people.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-says-fatherhood-is-his-next-great-chapter-worries-covid-vaccine-may-cause-infertility/

Heres more Rodgers decided to pull the infertility card on vaccines once the NFL decided to investigate him for no verified vaccine records.

jeffandnicole

Quote from: bing101 on November 05, 2021, 11:39:11 PM
Quote from: tchafe1978 on November 05, 2021, 01:37:48 PM
Quote from: triplemultiplex on November 05, 2021, 12:26:31 PM
I didn't know Rodgers was such a fucking idiot!  :banghead:

Bunch of fake medicine bullshit; what a dumbass!  Be lucky if he's back next week since he was completely unvaxxed.  God, what a shitiot.  That's my new word; combining shithead and idiot.

What bothers me about the whole thing isn't that he wasn't vaccinated. It's that he was deceptive about his vaccination status, and then went to the league to try to flout the rules so he could act as if he was vaccinated when he wasn't. Get the shot, don't get the shot, I don't care. But rules are rules and he didn't follow protocols for unvaccinated players, and now it could potentially cost the Packers a game or two. But on the bright side, at least it gives them a chance to see what they have in Jordan Love. Hopefully he surprises everyone and the Packers pull off a win.

Edit: flout not flaunt

https://people.com/sports/aaron-rodgers-says-fatherhood-is-his-next-great-chapter-worries-covid-vaccine-may-cause-infertility/

Heres more Rodgers decided to pull the infertility card on vaccines once the NFL decided to investigate him for no verified vaccine records.

And I can't believe that something like ivermectin wouldn't contain something on the banned drugs list for the NFL.

thspfc

While I have picked the Chiefs to win every week, I have never said, "This is the week that Kansas City puts it together and starts looking like the Super Bowl team we know."

I am saying it now: this is the week Kansas City puts it together and starts looking like the Super Bowl team we know.

Roadgeekteen

God-emperor of Alanland, king of all the goats and goat-like creatures

Current Interstate map I am making:

https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit?hl=en&mid=1PEDVyNb1skhnkPkgXi8JMaaudM2zI-Y&ll=29.05778059819179%2C-82.48856825&z=5

Buck87

Nice win by the Browns today after all drama leading up to it.

Right after that CBS switched over just in time for me to see Jacksonville run out the clock with a punt to preserve a 9-6 win over Buffalo. There's some NFL parody for you.

jlam

An extremely needed win for the Broncos today. Playoff hopes still alive!

thspfc

Quote from: jlam on November 07, 2021, 04:49:06 PM
An extremely needed win for the Broncos today. Playoff hopes still alive!
Head-scratcher for the Cowboys. When the schedule first came out this might have been the game that I was the most certain would be a W. And the Cowboys have turned out to be better than I expected (so far, anyways). During McCarthy's tenure in Green Bay I don't think his record was particularly good coming off a loss - I remember a lot of stretches where the Packers lost 2-4 games in a row, even in the years they were good. So we'll see how the team responds.

thspfc

Quote from: thspfc on November 04, 2021, 12:27:56 PM
Cardinals 38, 49ers 14
I need a touchdown and extra point from the Cardinals, and no more points from the 49ers. One quarter to go. This would make my entire week.

webny99

Quote from: webny99 on October 18, 2021, 11:40:51 PM
And the Bills have yet to win a close game. Four blowout wins and two close losses.

And it gets worse... now five blowout wins and three close losses, and the Bills are still +117 in point differential!! They've basically clinched the top point differential in the league for the entire season... and yet they're 5-3. I don't know what to make of it.

What I do know is that was probably the worst loss of the McDermott era in Buffalo. Doesn't change my feelings about the defense, which played well in a tough situation, but it's incredibly frustrating that the offense couldn't find the end zone and get points on the board against one of the worst teams in the league despite doubling them up in passing yards and having almost 100 more total yards. Allen's stats weren't terrible, but he couldn't get anything going that led to points, the O-line was a big problem all day, and the run game was terrible.

People are going to remember it as the Josh Allen-Josh Allen game, and rightly so, but I'm going to remember it as a further cementing of the Jaguars as my least-favorite team in the league. The Jaguars and maybe the Steelers are the closest things the Bills have to an out-of-division "rivalry"... the Bills always play gritty, defensive slugfests with those teams (including the 10-3 playoff loss to the Jaguars a few years ago), and today was no exception.

A few more Week 9/midseason thoughts...

The two teams I was most confident in today, the Browns and the Falcons, both won. I knew the Bengals weren't going 3-0 against their three division opponents, and I figured the Saints could have a let down game. To the Saints credit, they fought back from a 24-6 deficit (blown by the Falcons in typical fashion), only for the Falcons to immediately get back in FG range for the win.

The AFC is shaping up to be pretty wild this season, with 11 teams over .500. That's the entire AFC except the four "worst" teams (Jags, Texans, Jets, Dolphins) and the Colts, who are 4-5. That includes the entire AFC West and AFC North. It's truly anyone's guess how a field this crowded is going to shake out. The only AFC teams I am positive will make the playoffs are the Ravens and Titans... and  I guess I'll still put the Bills in there even after today's performance. I'd give the edge to the Chargers in the AFC West after their win today, a game that previous Chargers teams probably would have blown. Likely multiple playoff teams from that division, though, and the wild card spots are totally wide open.

The NFC is shaping up a little differently, with heavy favorites in all the divisions except the West, where both the Rams and Cardinals are near-locks for the playoffs. The final two spots are pretty wide open, though, especially with Winston out for the Saints and the Vikings losing today. I don't know how Vikings fans do this every week... literally every game comes down to the wire. I could definitely still see them making the playoffs though. And there's a bunch of other teams that will probably be in the mix until late in the season... Falcons, Seahawks, Eagles, 49ers, maybe even the Giants. The Lions and Washington are the only NFC teams that are completely out of the playoff hunt; everyone else has at least three wins and that's enough to keep them in the crowded mix for the #7 seed.

So in short, all but about 5 or 6 teams should be thinking they have a shot at the playoffs, so that should make for an exciting and interesting second half to the season.

JayhawkCO

Here were my pre-season predictions:

AFC East
1. Bills (12-5)
2. Dolphins (11-6)
3. Patriots (7-10)
4. Jets (3-14)

Midseason analysis: Whiffed on Dolphins.  Looks like we can switch the 'Phins and Patriots, but otherwise I had top and bottom likely right (I think Miami will finish above the Jets)

AFC North
1. Ravens (12-5)
2. Steelers (11-6)
3. Browns (9-8)
4. Bengals (7-10)

Midseason analysis: I feel like this is about right.  Bengals not horrible, but not good.  Steelers won't probably have quite as good of a record.

AFC South
1. Titans (13-4)
2. Jaguars (7-10)
3. Colts (6-11)
4. Texans (2-15)

Midseason analysis: Top and bottom quite correct.  I still think the Jags can make a little run to make a better record, but Colts should finish above them.

AFC West
1. Chiefs (16-1)
2. Chargers (11-6)
3. Broncos (9-8)
4. Raiders (5-12)

Midseason analysis: Obviously Chiefs not going to have that killer of a record, and the Raiders with a higher record than I thought, but I very well might still get the order correct.  I was one who was mildly bullish on the Broncos.  Huge win yesterday.

NFC East
1. Washington (12-5)
2. Cowboys (9-8)
3. Eagles (6-11)
4. Giants (4-13)
Midseason analysis: Obviously way off on Washington.  Their D went from scary to scary - the other kind.  Move them down to the bottom and then the rest of the order is probably still accurate.

NFC North
1. Packers (12-5)
2. Vikings (11-6)
3. Bears (6-11)
4. Lions (3-14)

Midseason analysis: This will be the order, but my Vikes won't make the playoffs unless they sneak in as the 7.  So many coaching issues this year, and for the first time I'm thinking Zimmer might have to go.

NFC South
1. Buccaneers (14-3)
2. Panthers (8-9)
3. Falcons (7-10)
4. Saints (5-12)

Midseason analysis: Panthers had me feeling good after the first few weeks, but no longer.  I underrated Sean Payton, but we'll see how Simien does going forward.  I still feel like I might have gotten the order correct.

NFC West
1. Rams (12-5)
2. Seahawks (12-5)
3. Cardinals (11-6)
4. 49ers (6-11)

Midseason analysis:  I had the top three bunched, and had Russ not gotten hurt, it might have ended up that way.  I was one of the few people I've seen (thspfc another) who had SF not being any good this year.  I never quite understood what people were optimistic about.

Overall grade for myself: B-

Chris

1995hoo

So Miami beat Houston, thereby passing "Football Team" back to where it began the season and taking "Jaguars" from Houston. First time "Football Team" went back to a prior holder.
"You know, you never have a guaranteed spot until you have a spot guaranteed."
—Olaf Kolzig, as quoted in the Washington Times on March 28, 2003,
commenting on the Capitals clinching a playoff spot.

"That sounded stupid, didn't it?"
—Kolzig, to the same reporter a few seconds later.

triplemultiplex

Jordon Love debut was underwhelming to say the least.  Yeah the Chiefs blitzed the hell out of him, but you gotta know that if they send the kitchen sink, you've got one-on-one everywhere with the middle of the field wide open, yet he kept hucking it at the sidelines.  An experienced quarterback would've picked that defense apart with 6-10 yard completions over the middle.

Chiefs offense was mediocre in that game at best.  Hell if not for a blocked and missed field goal, it would have been a one score game.  In a world where Rodgers isn't a fucking fake medicine idiot, the Pack steamrolls the KC team that played yesterday.

(Infertility?  Really?  You went to college, dumbass!  Didn't they make you take any biology?  Christ on a stick, I've never lost so much respect for a person so fast in my life.)
"That's just like... your opinion, man."

JayhawkCO

Quote from: triplemultiplex on November 08, 2021, 03:00:56 PM
Jordon Love debut was underwhelming to say the least.  Yeah the Chiefs blitzed the hell out of him, but you gotta know that if they send the kitchen sink, you've got one-on-one everywhere with the middle of the field wide open, yet he kept hucking it at the sidelines.  An experienced quarterback would've picked that defense apart with 6-10 yard completions over the middle.

Chiefs offense was mediocre in that game at best.  Hell if not for a blocked and missed field goal, it would have been a one score game.  In a world where Rodgers isn't a fucking fake medicine idiot, the Pack steamrolls the KC team that played yesterday.

(Infertility?  Really?  You went to college, dumbass!  Didn't they make you take any biology?  Christ on a stick, I've never lost so much respect for a person so fast in my life.)

As someone else has said, Rodgers thinks he's the smartest person in the room all the time.  Obviously that ain't the case.

Chris

Mr_Northside

Quote from: jayhawkco on November 08, 2021, 03:12:06 PM
As someone else has said, Rodgers thinks he's the smartest person in the room all the time.  Obviously that ain't the case.

Well.... I'm sure that won't help him get the Jeopardy job now.  </mostly sarcasm>
I don't have opinions anymore. All I know is that no one is better than anyone else, and everyone is the best at everything

gr8daynegb

Quote from: Mr_Northside on November 08, 2021, 04:06:28 PM
Quote from: jayhawkco on November 08, 2021, 03:12:06 PM

Well.... I'm sure that won't help him get the Jeopardy job now.  </mostly sarcasm>

Fairly sure that Prevea money Rodgers is out will cause sleepless nights.

Regardless of peoples stance on Rodgers luckily most sports fans will forget this in three week when someone else does something stupid.

So Lone Star now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

NWI_Irish96

Officiating in the NFL (and college football for that matter) has just gotten worse and worse. Way too many bad/missed calls having major impact on games. I never was a big sports bettor, but I wouldn't place any bets right now with bad calls changing the outcomes of so many games.
Indiana: counties 100%, highways 100%
Illinois: counties 100%, highways 61%
Michigan: counties 100%, highways 56%
Wisconsin: counties 86%, highways 23%

ET21

Holy refball last night
The local weatherman, trust me I can be 99.9% right!
"Show where you're going, without forgetting where you're from"

Clinched:
IL: I-88, I-180, I-190, I-290, I-294, I-355, IL-390
IN: I-80, I-94
SD: I-190
WI: I-90, I-94
MI: I-94, I-196
MN: I-90

Henry

The ending sure got interesting, until the Steelers kicked a FG for the final points of the game and the Bears missed theirs.

This weekend will always be remembered for that one game where Josh Allen sacked, intercepted and recovered a fumble from Josh Allen.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

webny99

That Bears game is probably going to be remembered for a while too... really tough loss and it's hard to argue the refs didn't cost the Bears the game.

But ultimately, Fields' development is much more important than the outcome of that one game, and he played great, especially in the second half, so that has to be encouraging.

MinecraftNinja

On second thought I think I'll go with the Titans.

JayhawkCO

Quote from: MinecraftNinja on November 09, 2021, 01:45:43 PM

...second thought of what?  You haven't posted in this thread in about six months.

Chris

webny99

Quote from: jayhawkco on November 09, 2021, 02:04:21 PM
...second thought of what?  You haven't posted in this thread in about six months.

Maybe this, from last Friday:

Quote from: MinecraftNinja on November 05, 2021, 08:33:42 PM
I'm a Chiefs fan now

JayhawkCO

Quote from: webny99 on November 09, 2021, 03:03:50 PM

I'm a Chiefs fan now

Gotcha.  Went back a couple of pages, didn't see anything.  Did a search and only pulled up stuff in May.

Chris

webny99

Quote from: jayhawkco on November 09, 2021, 03:18:49 PM
Quote from: webny99 on November 09, 2021, 03:03:50 PM

I'm a Chiefs fan now

Gotcha.  Went back a couple of pages, didn't see anything.  Did a search and only pulled up stuff in May.

I found it from his profile. That's my go-to for finding posts from a particular user.

thspfc

They call him the most loyal Chiefs fan

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.