News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

2021 Ohio Roadmeet - Cleveland (AUGUST 28TH)

Started by Hot Rod Hootenanny, May 06, 2021, 07:30:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

signalman

Quote from: Alps on August 08, 2021, 01:45:02 PM
Quote from: earlesryan69 on August 08, 2021, 12:53:03 PM
Can you send the link for the FB Event Page for this road meet? If so, that would be great! And I wonder if the Wiz (Dan) will be at this road meet.
Both he and I are serious :| about attending
😡🤬

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on May 18, 2021, 10:46:57 AM
I will be going with Saturday, August 28 for the Cleveland tour.
11 AM at Wildwood Metro Park., Now going to be at Rivergate Park/Sainato's in "Irishtown Bend." Bring your own lunch if you don't wish to eat inside.
Tour will include....
Walking tour of the downtown bridges (otherwise we're hitting multiple paying parking lots)
Hillandale Park (Euclid) for the abandoned bridge
MLK/Liberty Blvd through Rockefeller Park/Doan Brook (Several stone bridges)
Opportunity Corridor (future Oh 10), really the only road construction project we'll observed.
Abandoned Sideway Ave Suspension Bridge (Seicer has a good history of this project on his website)
Shoreway West? (Attempted "Road Diet" here)

(If I don't run out of time...)
Rocky River 
Valley Pkwy bridges, including...
Hilliard Blvd
Lorain Rd (Oh 10)
Brookpark Rd (Oh 17)
Berea Falls
----
Oh 82 bridge over the Cuyahoga
I-271-480 dualization (ODOT sort-of uncoupled the two)

Order of stops/points of interest is subject to change.

By this point, masks will be optional. As I retype this, attendance appears to be anywhere from 10-30 people. There will be carpooling (We won't be able to fit 20+ cars at most of these stops), and I'm not going to be checking for masks.
Please, don't sue Alex & Andy over what I wrote above

earlesryan69

Can you send the link for the FB Event Page for this road meet? If so, that would be great! And I wonder if the Wiz (Dan) will be at this road meet.

Great!! What about the Live Broadcast portion of the meet? Will the Cleveland Road Meet be on YouTube via Live Broadcast? If so, that would be perfect and I will be watching it!
Road Geek/Enthusiast like a boss!

earlesryan69

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on August 08, 2021, 10:30:17 PM

This site and Facebook don't get along too well. But, here is the link (to my knowledge)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1089767504845668/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22calendar_tab_event%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22bookmark_calendar%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D

Thank you for the link! You've been helpful!

SSOWorld

Quote from: earlesryan69 on August 14, 2021, 02:06:52 PM

Great!! What about the Live Broadcast portion of the meet? Will the Cleveland Road Meet be on YouTube via Live Broadcast? If so, that would be perfect and I will be watching it!
You will just need to stay tuned :|
Scott O.

Not all who wander are lost...
Ah, the open skies, wind at my back, warm sun on my... wait, where the hell am I?!
As a matter of fact, I do own the road.
Raise your what?

Wisconsin - out-multiplexing your state since 1918.

earlesryan69

Quote from: earlesryan69 on August 14, 2021, 02:08:45 PM
Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on August 08, 2021, 10:30:17 PM

This site and Facebook don't get along too well. But, here is the link (to my knowledge)
https://www.facebook.com/events/1089767504845668/?acontext=%7B%22event_action_history%22%3A[%7B%22mechanism%22%3A%22calendar_tab_event%22%2C%22surface%22%3A%22bookmark_calendar%22%7D]%2C%22ref_notif_type%22%3Anull%7D

Thank you for the link! You've been helpful!

I think I will stay tuned! I hope to be watching the Cleveland Road Meet Broadcasted LIVE on YouTube on August 28th by roadwaywiz. If so, then I would be a very happy person that y'all get to be in my homestate of Ohio for the meet in one of my favorite cities, even though I can't be there in person because I can't drive. But I will be watching should Dan feel the need to broadcast the Cleveland Road Meet LIVE on YouTube. It's his decision, his YT Channel, his choice.

Hot Rod Hootenanny

For those choosing to venture to Cleveland this coming weekend, I have typed up the itinerary.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k4JAJjYNjN7uaIi1hf7eBP6AFDtsBvE_G9_awF1MbeA/edit?usp=sharing

We will be meeting at Rivergate Park, between Merwin's Wharf & Sainato's, starting at 11 AM.
There is parking at Rivergate Park, but I don't know how soon it will fill up. There is a paid lot across the street from Sainato's and folks can try their luck with on-street parking along Columbus Rd, or other nearby streets.
Sainato's opens at 11 if you want to order lunch from there. The West Side Market is an 1/2 mile south of Rivergate, if you want to pick something up from there. There are other places, but most don't open till noon.

I will start with a walking tour (Because most empty spaces are being used for paid parking, and I don't want to wait 30 minutes for everyone to find that perfect (FREE) parking space, 2-3 times). I'm budgeting 90 minutes for the walk. Afterwards, I figure 4 hours for the tour (with its various pauses).

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Thank you to all who attended today's meet. We think this meet might have the record for the hottest (temperature) meet.
And congrats to Scott, Brandon, and Mark for being the only ones to have attended all 3 roadmeets (so far) this year.

baugh17

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on August 28, 2021, 10:26:28 PM
Thank you to all who attended today's meet. We think this meet might have the record for the hottest (temperature) meet.

How hot was it today?

A.J. Bertin

Thank you for hosting this meet, Sandor!  It was nice seeing everyone who attended.
-A.J. from Michigan

Hot Rod Hootenanny

Quote from: baugh17 on August 29, 2021, 12:03:54 AM

How hot was it today?

Adam Moss kept telling me 99 degrees during the tour. But his car thermometer might be off. When I got home, I saw that the official high for Cleveland was 89 for Saturday. So, I'll have to back off that record heat comment. Wilmington, last month, might have been hotter.

Roadgeek Adam

Adam Seth Moss
M.A. History, Western Illinois University 2015-17
B.A. History, Montclair State University 2013-15
A.A. History & Education - Middlesex (County) College 2009-13

signalman

Quote from: Hot Rod Hootenanny on August 29, 2021, 12:58:55 PM
Quote from: baugh17 on August 29, 2021, 12:03:54 AM

How hot was it today?

Adam Moss kept telling me 99 degrees during the tour. But his car thermometer might be off. When I got home, I saw that the official high for Cleveland was 89 for Saturday. So, I'll have to back off that record heat comment. Wilmington, last month, might have been hotter.
Wilmington was hotter. Dan's car was reading 100 or 101 most of the afternoon. I checked after the meet and it officially hit 97 in Wilmington on the day of the meet. Heat index was close to 110.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.