AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Rest areas/welcome centers without direct ramps on/off freeway  (Read 7686 times)

ilpt4u

• Last Login: Today at 10:54:22 PM
Re: Rest areas/welcome centers without direct ramps on/off freeway
« Reply #75 on: March 15, 2022, 11:23:09 PM »

I-24 welcome center in Kentucky at Paducah (this is the old Whitehaven Mansion and it requires using the southern C/D road at the US 45/US 62 exit).
Across the Ohio in Illinois, the Illinois Welcome Center at Metropolis is just east of I-24, using the US 45 exit and 45 South to connect to the Rest Area/Welcome Center

I-24 is signed W-E in IL but really runs N-S, and US 45 is signed N-S and stretches the length of the state, but at this interchange, 45 runs W-E
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 11:32:16 PM by ilpt4u »

berberry

• Last Login: May 04, 2022, 07:31:37 AM
« Reply #76 on: May 04, 2022, 06:40:01 AM »

The Mississippi Welcome Center and Rest Area on I-20 in Vicksburg requires motorists to exit 1A, then turn onto or cross Washington Street to access.

ErmineNotyours

• Last Login: Today at 11:20:59 PM
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2022, 06:35:22 AM »

Another welcome center with multiple entrances is I-95 in Kittery. There's a regular ramp from the interstate and a side entrance to US-1. Here though there's no way to get to I-95 from the US-1 entrance.

It looks possible to me, and Google says it's possible if you set a waypoint in the middle. Am I missing something?

I was going by memory, and I thought there were separate parking lots. But, looking at the map, you're right.
Per street view, the connection between the lots is for handicapped and authorized vehicles only.

Weirdly, no such restriction exists going from the I-95 to the US-1 direction.

I like the sign on the way to the building:

TRY WATER!  Dry mouth?  Fatigued?  Headache?  Try water... you may be dehydrated!

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: Today at 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2022, 03:22:44 PM »

Another welcome center with multiple entrances is I-95 in Kittery. There's a regular ramp from the interstate and a side entrance to US-1. Here though there's no way to get to I-95 from the US-1 entrance.

It looks possible to me, and Google says it's possible if you set a waypoint in the middle. Am I missing something?

I was going by memory, and I thought there were separate parking lots. But, looking at the map, you're right.
Per street view, the connection between the lots is for handicapped and authorized vehicles only.

Weirdly, no such restriction exists going from the I-95 to the US-1 direction.

I like the sign on the way to the building:

TRY WATER!  Dry mouth?  Fatigued?  Headache?  Try water... you may be dehydrated!

I saw that earlier today in the "There's no way that is MUTCD-compliant" Facebook group.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 10:37:30 PM
« Reply #79 on: May 11, 2022, 09:25:11 AM »

The Mississippi Welcome Center and Rest Area on I-20 in Vicksburg requires motorists to exit 1A, then turn onto or cross Washington Street to access.

I-10s Welcome Center is accessible from SR 607 near the Stennis Space Center.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

froggie

• Last Login: Today at 11:08:21 PM
    • Froggie's Place
« Reply #80 on: May 12, 2022, 11:22:47 AM »

I-10s Welcome Center is accessible from SR 607 near the Stennis Space Center.

Mentioned at the beginning of the thread.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.