AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Isn't it hilarious that highway projects get delayed because of the railroads?!  (Read 5221 times)

hbelkins

• It is well, it is well, with my soul.

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 04:15:45 PM
    • Millennium Highway

I remember around 2002-03 when a new underpass was built on West Reynolds Road in Lexington, KY - cutting under a very busy NS mainline. Essentially, the narrow two-lane underpass was replaced with something much wider. As there could be no major disruptions to the line because there were no good alternatives for the trains to be routed over, the state and city/county government had to carefully coordinate when cut-overs could be installed to a temporary bridge that was built so the old span could be removed.

Was it that recent? For some reason, I thought that was widened earlier than that.

Of course, I don't go out Nicholasville Road very often these days and try to avoid the Fayette Mall area at all costs.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

roadman65

• Last Login: Today at 03:14:22 AM

I think it’s more hilarious that one US Route got rerouted over a butterfly habitat.  :biggrin:
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.