AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Drive-thru's backing up onto streets  (Read 22005 times)

skluth

• Last Login: February 20, 2024, 03:35:22 PM
Re: Drive-thru's backing up onto streets
« Reply #275 on: April 06, 2022, 03:37:17 PM »

Most Rallys/Checkers locations are drive-through only, although I think I have seen some outdoor seating at some of them.

Cook Out is increasingly opening drive-through only locations with no indoor seating. There's one in Morehead, Ky. A new location opened in Winchester, and it was drive-through only the one time I got something there, but it appeared as if they had indoor seating. It just wasn't open at the time because we were still doing the "fear of covid" thing.

I've never had any general issues with the speed of Arby's DT service. Like everywhere else, it seems to vary based on location and individual circumstances. Last Arby's where I used the DT was in Winchester, and they were very fast with my order.
The Rally's/Checkers I've seen have a walkup window though it's been a while since I've gone to either one. I patronized this Rally's on occasion when I lived in St Louis; the walkup window is in front. This one in suburban Arnold also does. Both also have outdoor dining area.

fwydriver405

• Last Login: Today at 09:48:14 PM
« Reply #276 on: April 06, 2022, 08:00:51 PM »

The Aroma Joes near the UMaine Campus on US 2 in Orono always tends to back up well into the roundabout, usually Mon-Fri from like 7am-3pm but I have seen it back up as late as 4-5pm at times. Weekends, although shorter, are not immune to these backups as well. Causes a lot of close calls in the roundabout at times, and blocks drivers who wants to go to the Alltown, Dunkin Donuts or the Sunoco gas station.

I'm going to have to get a picture when I go to classes tomrrow if I get the chance...

Scott5114

• Nit picker of unprecedented pedantry

• Last Login: Today at 10:33:07 PM
    • Denexa 100% Plastic Playing Cards
« Reply #277 on: April 07, 2022, 03:39:39 AM »

When I worked at Burger King, when I first started, we would serve people on foot in the drive thru. We hated doing it, though, because there was no way to trigger the speakerbox on foot (it had the same sort of magnetic sensor older stoplights had), so it would mean that the orders wouldn't be made in the order they were received. Most of these happened when we were open inside, so I never understood what people were trying to accomplish (they thought they were being funny, probably).

Later, when we extended our hours to 2am, we were told by corporate this wasn't allowed. None of us really argued much.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

• My 2 Achilles' heels: sarcasm & snark

• Last Login: Today at 09:31:10 PM
« Reply #278 on: April 07, 2022, 09:18:46 AM »

When I worked at Burger King, when I first started, we would serve people on foot in the drive thru. We hated doing it, though, because there was no way to trigger the speakerbox on foot (it had the same sort of magnetic sensor older stoplights had), so it would mean that the orders wouldn't be made in the order they were received. Most of these happened when we were open inside, so I never understood what people were trying to accomplish (they thought they were being funny, probably).

Drive-through on bicycle makes more sense–especially if there's no bike rack or the cyclist doesn't have a bike lock.  I used to deposit my paycheck by bicycle in the bank drive-through lane every two weeks, because the lobby was closed by the time I got off from work.  They chuckled about it sometimes, but they knew there was no real alternative.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. Dick
If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.