Best resturants to have in service plazas?

Started by HighwayStar, February 23, 2022, 06:04:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kphoger

Quote from: oscar on April 13, 2022, 08:50:00 AM
BTW, a petty gripe is that Subway's Italian bread is now "artisan Italian". I worried the first time I tried it, since I usually don't like the taste of "artisan" breads. Fortunately, the only thing that's changed for Subway's Italian bread is the name, the "artisan" part is fake.

Of course the 'artisan' part is fake.  I'm sure the dough is made in the same place as all their other dough.  I'm sure they didn't hire local bakers to make it in small batches using traditional methods before shipping it frozen to the restaurant.
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

HighwayStar

Quote from: kphoger on April 13, 2022, 09:41:14 AM
Quote from: Rothman on April 13, 2022, 06:49:10 AM

Quote from: HighwayStar on April 13, 2022, 01:41:39 AM
That might have been true 30 years ago, but in this era the hours are posted online for anyone to easily find. They need to follow them.

So...check hours online while driving...

Isn't that his point?

You're approaching a restaurant.  You have your wife get on her phone and check the hours.  The hours listed say the restaurant is open.  You get there and it's closed.  That's the problem.

Yes that is literally my point.

Two nights ago I went to go get dinner. Arby's said it was open on their website and google. I arrive, they are not open. I go to Popeye's, they claim to be open too, they are not. They need to follow the hours they have listed (which pre-covid never seemed to be an issue).
There are those who travel, and those who travel well

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.