AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

The AARoads Wiki is live! Come check it out!

Author Topic: Inconsistent road names  (Read 2510 times)

roadman65

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 10:37:30 PM
Re: Inconsistent road names
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2022, 07:38:50 AM »

St. George’s or St. George Avenue on NJ 27 and NJ 35 in New Jersey. The funny thing is where NJ 27 straddles the Linden- Roselle border, the City of Linden signs their street blade as E. St. George Ave. while the Borough of Roselle across the street signs their blades as St. Georges Ave.

In common talk people from the area refer to the roadway as Saint George Avenue or colloquially as “ Saint George.”
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

achilles765

• Interstate 14 should connect Austin and Houston

• Last Login: Today at 12:06:13 AM
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2022, 01:43:09 AM »

Here in Houston we have Dallas and Pierce Streets downtown, but the exit sign on IH 45 lists them as "Dallas Ave Pierce Ave"...and something similar happens on IH 69 heading northbound: Elgin Ave/Tuam Ave (they're also streets). 

Then we have the confusion between N Post Oak Lane, Post Oak Blvd; N Post Oak RD, South Post Oak Lane, and South Post Oak Road: none of which connect or intersect to each other.

Then there are the streets that have multiple, disconnected sections often in very different areas of town: multiple Ella Blvds, TC Jester Blvds
I love freeways and roads in any state but Texas will always be first in my heart

Flint1979

• Last Login: March 18, 2024, 09:48:12 PM
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2022, 08:43:39 AM »

Here in Houston we have Dallas and Pierce Streets downtown, but the exit sign on IH 45 lists them as "Dallas Ave Pierce Ave"...and something similar happens on IH 69 heading northbound: Elgin Ave/Tuam Ave (they're also streets). 

Then we have the confusion between N Post Oak Lane, Post Oak Blvd; N Post Oak RD, South Post Oak Lane, and South Post Oak Road: none of which connect or intersect to each other.

Then there are the streets that have multiple, disconnected sections often in very different areas of town: multiple Ella Blvds, TC Jester Blvds
We have that here in Saginaw with Congress Avenue. Some of the signs say Congress St and some say Congress Ave. Congress Avenue is the correct sign. Here's one example of it being called Congress Street. https://www.google.com/maps/@43.4307411,-83.9865951,3a,15y,351.36h,92.81t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1s8xLI0JeTuLLSsTZt6tSBJw!2e0!7i16384!8i8192

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.