AARoads Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered at https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=33904.0
Corrected several already and appreciate your patience as we work through the rest.

Author Topic: Capital cities without a 3-di  (Read 4012 times)

Henry

• Last Login: Today at 10:22:35 PM
    • Henry Watson's Online Freeway
Re: Capital cities without a 3-di
« Reply #50 on: April 25, 2022, 10:22:24 AM »

Interesting how 40% of state capitals aren’t served by a 3-di

Well, some states are very small, and some quite large states have chosen to place their capital in something other than the largest city, or in some cases in places that can hardly even be called a city.

Austin is the second most populous state capital in the country and doesn't have a 3di.

Phoenix is the most populous state capital in the country and also doesn't have a 3di. It does have routes that elsewhere would be 3dis such as Loop 101, Loop 202, Loop 303, and AZ 51 but they're signed as state routes.

Phoenix did once have a signed I-510 that got partly absorbed into an I-10 reroute and otherwise renumbered as SR 51.
I-410 was also absorbed into the same I-10 reroute while the old I-10 became an extended I-17.
Go Cubs Go! Go Cubs Go! Hey Chicago, what do you say? The Cubs are gonna win today!

ethanhopkin14

• Last Login: November 20, 2023, 08:50:23 AM
« Reply #51 on: April 25, 2022, 10:31:14 AM »

Well, some states are very small, and some quite large states have chosen to place their capital in something other than the largest city, or in some cases in places that can hardly even be called a city.

Austin is the second most populous state capital in the country and doesn't have a 3di.

Phoenix is the most populous state capital in the country and also doesn't have a 3di. It does have routes that elsewhere would be 3dis such as Loop 101, Loop 202, Loop 303, and AZ 51 but they're signed as state routes.

Phoenix did once have a signed I-510 that got partly absorbed into an I-10 reroute and otherwise renumbered as SR 51.
I-410 was also absorbed into the same I-10 reroute while the old I-10 became an extended I-17.

I always thought these were proposals and never officially approved or signed in the field. 

US 89

• Your friendly neighborhood meteorologist

• Last Login: February 23, 2024, 09:23:28 AM
    • Utah Highways
« Reply #52 on: April 26, 2022, 08:54:29 AM »

I always thought these were proposals and never officially approved or signed in the field.

I thought so too, but the AARoads Phoenix guide suggests 510 was signed early on.

ethanhopkin14

• Last Login: November 20, 2023, 08:50:23 AM
« Reply #53 on: April 26, 2022, 11:18:26 AM »

I thought so too, but the AARoads Phoenix guide suggests 510 was signed early on.

This cliché has never been more appropriate, but, pictures or it didn't happen.  I would love to see an I-510 shield in Arizona!

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.