News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

__________ is/are underrated.

Started by Max Rockatansky, May 03, 2022, 03:43:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webny99

Here's an outlook-related one - this pop up message:

This comes in so handy so often for me... very underrated IMO.

roadman65

Braums Dairy Stores :bigass:

Though they have only one dairy and 300 miles out is their limit for good reasons.
Every day is a winding road, you just got to get used to it.

Sheryl Crowe

abefroman329

Quote from: webny99 on May 19, 2022, 09:23:25 PM
Arby's curly fries.
Apparently I was the only one left who still liked the potato cakes, since they got rid of them about a year ago.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 20, 2022, 09:36:07 AM

Quote from: webny99 on May 19, 2022, 09:23:25 PM
Arby's curly fries.

Apparently I was the only one left who still liked the potato cakes, since they got rid of them about a year ago.

Nope, I loved them, and I'm disappointed they're gone.

Of course, that's probably why they're gone.  Whenever I start liking something, it seems, that thing gets discontinued.  (This is especially true of new soda flavors.)
Keep right except to pass.  Yes.  You.
Visit scenic Orleans County, NY!
Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

abefroman329

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 09:42:56 AMWhenever I start liking something, it seems, that thing gets discontinued.
You should've seen the happy dance I did when Haagen-Dazs started making Midnight Cookies 'n' Cream again.

kphoger

Quote from: abefroman329 on May 20, 2022, 10:02:00 AM
You should've seen the happy dance I did when Haagen-Dazs started making Midnight Cookies 'n' Cream again.

Every so often, I parse your screenname as Abe Fro Man 329.
As in, you have an afro.
So, with that in mind...

Male pronouns, please.

Quote from: Philip K. DickIf you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.

hbelkins

Quote from: webny99 on May 20, 2022, 08:04:00 AM

I'd actually put that in the "minor things that bother you" thread. Most times I am intentionally NOT responding to the last message, but to an earlier one.

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

kphoger

Quote from: hbelkins on May 20, 2022, 01:20:24 PM

I'd actually put that in the "minor things that bother you" thread. Most times I am intentionally NOT responding to the last message, but to an earlier one.

Same here.
Male pronouns, please.

webny99

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 01:55:25 PM
Quote from: hbelkins on May 20, 2022, 01:20:24 PM

Same here.

I can't think of a great example, but I often use it to find more recent messages that I've moved into a folder so that I don't have to search a specific folder.

Scott5114

Quote from: kphoger on May 20, 2022, 09:42:56 AM
Of course, that's probably why they're gone.  Whenever I start liking something, it seems, that thing gets discontinued.  (This is especially true of new soda flavors.)

This happens to me with pizza. Every great pizza place in Oklahoma goes out of business right after I discover it:
- Sauced (Norman): closed
- Rodney's (Purcell): owner retired
- Sauced (Oklahoma City): same company as the Sauced in Norman; burned down
- Pryor's (Norman): closed during the pandemic, appears to have reopened in Goldsby of all places, but I haven't had the chance to go back
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

kphoger

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 20, 2022, 05:24:11 PM
appears to have reopened in Goldsby of all places

The worst kind of irony!
Male pronouns, please.

TheGrassGuy

If you ever feel useless, remember that CR 504 exists.

JoePCool14

Similar to the Outlook message, the way this forum and some others notify you if someone else has posted since you began writing your reply when you click "Post". It can save a pointless response to a question that's already been answered, or allow you to update your response based on new information. Super helpful.

:) Needs more... :sombrero: Not quite... :bigass: Perfect.
JDOT: We make the world a better place to drive.
Travel Mapping | 60+ Clinches | 260+ Traveled | 8000+ Miles Logged

Scott5114

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 26, 2022, 01:09:59 PM
Similar to the Outlook message, the way this forum and some others notify you if someone else has posted since you began writing your reply when you click "Post". It can save a pointless response to a question that's already been answered, or allow you to update your response based on new information. Super helpful.

Someone actually posted about that in the "minor things that bother you" thread recently. I like having it, but apparently it can be turned off if it really bothers someone.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 26, 2022, 03:16:11 PM

Someone actually posted about that in the "minor things that bother you" thread recently. I like having it, but apparently it can be turned off if it really bothers someone.

Really? In my experience, it's not that common to have that message come up. It's rare to post while someone else is around here. If it happened all the time, I would understand. I absolutely think it's worth having around.

Scott5114

Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 26, 2022, 04:22:29 PM

Really? In my experience, it's not that common to have that message come up. It's rare to post while someone else is around here. If it happened all the time, I would understand. I absolutely think it's worth having around.

I imagine how often you see it depends on how frequently you post and whether you tend to be on the forum during the peak evening hours. On a few occasions, I've gotten it multiple times on the same post.

JoePCool14

Quote from: Scott5114 on May 26, 2022, 04:28:00 PM
Quote from: JoePCool14 on May 26, 2022, 04:22:29 PM

I imagine how often you see it depends on how frequently you post and whether you tend to be on the forum during the peak evening hours. On a few occasions, I've gotten it multiple times on the same post.

Yes. I got it twice posting on the overrated thread earlier today. But it's not a big deal. I review my post if I want, or just hit enter again.

skluth

thspfc

Quote from: skluth on May 26, 2022, 08:13:14 PM
Time zones
Grandfather clocks as decorations, but not as ways to tell the time.

Scott5114

My parents have a wall-mounted grandfather clock. It looks nice, but it basically only ever showed the correct time when company was staying with us. Neither of my parents ever feel like winding it up.

kphoger

Male pronouns, please.

hotdogPi

Quote from: kphoger on May 26, 2022, 08:58:45 PM
Time zones

Huh?  Are people advocating their abolition?

mgk920 here (thread locked): https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31208.msg2718030#msg2718030

QuoteHeck, I wouldn't mind us going to worldwide UTC ('Zulu'/Military) time instead and adjust our personal schedules accordingly.  No semi-annual clock changes, everyone yells "Happy new year!" at the same time and no time zone confusions.  Instead of it now being 1:20pm (1320) Central Daylight Time (UTC -5) as I post this, it would be 1820Z.

:nod:

Mike
Clinched

Traveled, plus 13, 44, and 50, and several state routes

New:
I-189 clinched
US 7, VT 2A, 11, 15,  17, 73, 103, 116, 125, NH 123 traveled

kkt

Quote from: 1 on May 26, 2022, 09:00:46 PM
Quote from: kphoger on May 26, 2022, 08:58:45 PM
Time zones

Huh?  Are people advocating their abolition?

mgk920 here (thread locked): https://www.aaroads.com/forum/index.php?topic=31208.msg2718030#msg2718030

QuoteHeck, I wouldn't mind us going to worldwide UTC ('Zulu'/Military) time instead and adjust our personal schedules accordingly.  No semi-annual clock changes, everyone yells "Happy new year!" at the same time and no time zone confusions.  Instead of it now being 1:20pm (1320) Central Daylight Time (UTC -5) as I post this, it would be 1820Z.

:nod:

Mike

There already is UTC and people who need it already use it.

kphoger

Oh, OK.  But, like, more than just him?
Male pronouns, please.

XamotCGC

Roads clinched.
State Routes: Kentucky:  KY 208 KY 289 KY 555 KY 2154 KY 245 KY 1195

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.