News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Is anyone else having trouble with Google Maps?

Started by Michael in Philly, September 10, 2011, 03:20:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael in Philly

It's not loading for me.  Like go-away-and-make-a-hot-lunch-eat-said-lunch-and-visit-a-couple-other-forums-forget-you-were-trying-to-open-Google-Maps-and-come-back-and-find-it's-still-not-loaded not loading.  Cleared my cache (as it suggested); nothing.

I have a new Internet connection, which I'm not thrilled with, but that actually started (long story I'll spare you) when I called Sprint on Monday to complain about a slow connection because Google Mail was having issues then.  So it could be Google.  It could also be me.

Anyone else?
Mods, if no one reacts after a decent interval there's no reason to keep this thread up forever.  :-)

RIP Dad 1924-2012.

J N Winkler

What happens if you hit F5 (to refresh)?

I have had problems with Google Maps throwing up a "Loading . . ." banner which never clears, or taking ages to render a map display and throwing up a banner saying something like, "Slow loading?  View in HTML [link] or use the Troubleshooting Guide."  In both cases F5 usually resolves the problem.  (HTML view doesn't seem to work and the Troubleshooting Guide is a worthless time-waster.)
"It is necessary to spend a hundred lire now to save a thousand lire later."--Piero Puricelli, explaining the need for a first-class road system to Benito Mussolini

Michael in Philly

RIP Dad 1924-2012.

vdeane

Happens with a lot of the major google services; every once and a while they just get stuck in an infinite loop while loading.
Please note: All comments here represent my own personal opinion and do not reflect the official position of NYSDOT or its affiliates.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.