Massachusetts beginning process to replace Tobin Bridge

Started by Ted$8roadFan, September 21, 2023, 01:40:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ted$8roadFan

MassDOT is beginning the process to ultimately replace the Tobin Bridge, opened in 1950 and a key element of Boston's highway infrastructure.

https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/massdot-begins-planning-for-eventual-replacement-of-tobin-bridge/3141568/

Scott5114

"If it's not broken, don't fix it," said school bus driver Richard Thomas.

Thomas is not looking forward to what a replacement would mean in terms of diverted traffic in the area.

"I drive for the school bus so it's gonna make my job a little harder, and like when the kids get out of school they want to get home, you know?" he said.

They'll just interview any idiot for one of these, huh?
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

SectorZ

Quote from: Scott5114 on October 02, 2023, 04:13:05 AM
"If it's not broken, don't fix it," said school bus driver Richard Thomas.

Thomas is not looking forward to what a replacement would mean in terms of diverted traffic in the area.

"I drive for the school bus so it's gonna make my job a little harder, and like when the kids get out of school they want to get home, you know?" he said.

They'll just interview any idiot for one of these, huh?

This news station especially. They're one of those "here's the meteorologically perfect 10 day forecast" stations.

DJStephens

A tunnel facility would be the best outcome, perhaps imitating I-95 in Baltimore - Fort McHenry or one of the Hampton Roads structures.   

Ted$8roadFan

Quote from: DJStephens on October 12, 2023, 03:06:07 PM
A tunnel facility would be the best outcome, perhaps imitating I-95 in Baltimore - Fort McHenry or one of the Hampton Roads structures.

A good idea that nevertheless won't happen, at least in our lifetimes.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.