News:

Needing some php assistance with the script on the main AARoads site. Please contact Alex if you would like to help or provide advice!

Main Menu

New Oklahoma Highway Number

Started by rte66man, June 04, 2018, 07:31:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rte66man

At today's ODOT Commission meeting, one of the agenda items was the following:

73. State Highway System Revisions — Mr. Swift
Tulsa County — District VIII
Add the State Highway 344 designation to the new portion of the Gilcrease Expressway that is being constructed West of Tulsa. The alignment of State Highway 344 will be between Interstate 244/State Highway 51, west of Tulsa, and extend approximately 5.25 miles to the existing interchange of Interstate 244 and Interstate 44 southeast of the City of Tulsa.

The addition of State Highway 344 will become effective upon the completion of construction and approval by the State Transportation Commission.

I don't yet know whether it passed, but there shouldn't be any good reason not to approve it.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

bugo

This doesn't make sense. The Gilcrease won't come anywhere near the I-244/OK 51 overlap, which is the western leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop (IDL).

rte66man

Quote from: bugo on June 04, 2018, 10:21:50 PM
This doesn't make sense. The Gilcrease won't come anywhere near the I-244/OK 51 overlap, which is the western leg of the Inner Dispersal Loop (IDL).

I believe they misstated the northern interchange point.  They should have said 'US64/OK51'.
When you come to a fork in the road... TAKE IT.

-Yogi Berra

Scott5114

This is consistent with the 351 and 364 numbers issued to other Tulsa-area turnpikes.

Now if only we could get 325 renumbered to 456 so the 3xx series is all toll roads...
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

bugo

Does the Kickapoo Turnpike have a number yet? The plans that I saw show route markers as regular OTA turnpike route markers with a placeholder name. I would call it OK 362. Actually I wouldn't give it a number at all, but that's not on topic here.

US 89

Quote from: bugo on November 25, 2019, 07:49:55 AM
Does the Kickapoo Turnpike have a number yet? The plans that I saw show route markers as regular OTA turnpike route markers with a placeholder name. I would call it OK 362. Actually I wouldn't give it a number at all, but that's not on topic here.

And number the Kilpatrick 366 while you're at it.

Scott5114

Quote from: bugo on November 25, 2019, 07:49:55 AM

Not as far as I've seen.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

The Ghostbuster

Make it OK 340. Or if they will bring it into the Interstate system (highly unlikely), I'd number it Interstate 440.

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.