News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

Football (North America: NFL, CFL, Arena Football, minor leagues)

Started by Stephane Dumas, July 29, 2012, 11:20:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cwf1701

Could 2019 be the year Alabama miss the college football Playoffs? right now if the playoff selection was to be made today, it would be:
1) LSU
2) Clemsom
3) Baylor
4) Ohio State/Minnesota

Alabama chances would be none if any 4 of these 5 teams finish undefeated.

thspfc

Quote from: cwf1701 on November 12, 2019, 03:56:56 PM
Could 2019 be the year Alabama miss the college football Playoffs? right now if the playoff selection was to be made today, it would be:
1) LSU
2) Clemsom
3) Baylor
4) Ohio State/Minnesota

Have you been paying any attention whatsoever? Baylor is 12th in the AP Poll right now, while even one-loss Alabama is still fourth. In the playoff rankings tonight, I would expect LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama to be the top four, in that order.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: thspfc on November 12, 2019, 04:52:18 PM
1) LSU
2) Clemsom
3) Baylor
4) Ohio State/Minnesota

Have you been paying any attention whatsoever? Baylor is 12th in the AP Poll right now, while even one-loss Alabama is still fourth. In the playoff rankings tonight, I would expect LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Alabama to be the top four, in that order.

Minnesota was 17th I think before the Penn State game?  They deserve to be in the Top 10 but not the Top 5. 

Alps

Quote from: thspfc on November 12, 2019, 04:52:18 PM
1) LSU
2) Clemsom
3) Baylor
4) Ohio State/Minnesota

The "if 4 of these 5 teams finish undefeated" part rings true.

thspfc

I agree that if LSU, Clemson, Baylor, and Minnesota or Ohio State (one would lose to the other) all finish undefeated, then that is the playoff field.

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

US 89

Quote from: LM117 on November 15, 2019, 08:24:20 AM
Welp, somebody's in deep doo-doo...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eef-l5pcEIk

That is assault with a weapon. But a suspension and fine are all he’s going to get.

Big John

^^ He is suspended for at least the rest of this season.  Fine amount to be disclosed

thspfc

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: US 89 on November 15, 2019, 08:44:52 AM
Quote from: LM117 on November 15, 2019, 08:24:20 AM
Welp, somebody's in deep doo-doo...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eef-l5pcEIk
That is assault with a weapon. But a suspension and fine are all he's going to get.

Cleveland PD should've come on the field and arrested him. But since it's a sport, anything goes, I guess.

thspfc

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 16, 2019, 03:35:53 AM
Cleveland PD should've come on the field and arrested him. But since it's a sport, anything goes, I guess.
Says the one who chases tornadoes for fun.

kevinb1994

Yet another "˜mistake by the lake', no doubt about it.

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: thspfc on November 16, 2019, 08:44:23 AM

How are those two things even related? (Never mind the fact that I've never gone storm chasing–although I'd like to!)

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 16, 2019, 01:53:18 PM

How are those two things even related? (Never mind the fact that I've never gone storm chasing–although I'd like to!)

I was under the impression that was Jmoses who was the storm chaser?  Anyways, haven't a couple hockey players actually been charged when there has been some pretty extreme acts like smashing someone in the face with a stick?

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2019, 02:16:31 PM
I was under the impression that was Jmoses who was the storm chaser?

In any event, if what he's trying to imply is that storm chasing is illegal, well... it is not.

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 16, 2019, 02:55:28 PM
Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2019, 02:16:31 PM
I was under the impression that was Jmoses who was the storm chaser?

In any event, if what he's trying to imply is that storm chasing is illegal, well... it is not.

Off hand I don't know if any states that have laws against the practice.  Risking your own life and limb while not endangering others is a far leap from smashing someone in the head with blunt object. 

Max Rockatansky

I just noticed the line in the Ohio State/Rutgers game is 52 points.  I would say that is absurd for a major conference point spread but Rutgers makes me question sometimes how they are even in D1 (I know it's call some other silly name now that sounds like a neighborhood) much less the Big Ten. 

Alps

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2019, 03:22:54 PM
I just noticed the line in the Ohio State/Rutgers game is 52 points.  I would say that is absurd for a major conference point spread but Rutgers makes me question sometimes how they are even in D1 (I know it's call some other silly name now that sounds like a neighborhood) much less the Big Ten. 
Northwestern had a line of 39 today. They had scored 38 total in their 5 previous games and still hit the line.

wanderer2575

Quote from: Max Rockatansky on November 16, 2019, 03:22:54 PM

They are D1 (or whatever) and in the Big Ten because they open up television markets and bring more money to the Conference.  Nothing else matters anymore.

thspfc

LM117

“I don’t know whether to wind my ass or scratch my watch!” - Jim Cornette

MantyMadTown

I'm super excited to see my college team (the Badgers) play Minnesota next week. This will probably be the most exciting Wisconsin-Minnesota rivalry game I've seen since I started college. Not only will both teams have the Big Ten West title on the line, this could also be a revenge game for us because if we win, we get to take Paul Bunyan's Axe back from Minnesota since they won against us last year. This game will be intense!
Forget the I-41 haters

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: MantyMadTown on November 25, 2019, 11:00:11 PM
I'm super excited to see my college team (the Badgers) play Minnesota next week.

I want to watch this game, but the one Gophers game I've watched this year, they lost. So I'm a little torn. :-D

DaBigE

Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 25, 2019, 11:54:31 PM
I'm super excited to see my college team (the Badgers) play Minnesota next week.

I want to watch this game, but the one Gophers game I've watched this year, they lost. So I'm a little torn. :-D

Please, by all means, watch them again  :bigass:
"We gotta find this road, it's like Bob's road!" - Rabbit, Twister

Max Rockatansky

Quote from: DaBigE on November 26, 2019, 12:38:36 AM
Quote from: MNHighwayMan on November 25, 2019, 11:54:31 PM

Please, by all means, watch them again  :bigass:

I always thought it was odd that the Minnesota Football program was one of the best in the Country before the mid-20th Century.  Interestingly the Golden Gophers have 7 claimed national championships. 

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.