News:

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on what errors you encountered from the forum database changes made in Fall 2023. Let us know if you discover anymore.

Main Menu

No State Designation on Interstate Shields Signed With Clearview(?)

Started by TheArkansasRoadgeek, June 18, 2017, 11:24:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheArkansasRoadgeek

So, on the I-40 I saw that ARDOT had replaced an Interstate Shield with a Clearview counterpart. But, I noticed that the newer sign (yes, Clearview) had no state designation of 'ARKANSAS'. I know it could have been part of the proposed design, but I haven't (I guessed) noticed it before, until now.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

US71

Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on June 18, 2017, 11:24:04 AM
So, on the I-40 I saw that ARDOT had replaced an Interstate Shield with a Clearview counterpart. But, I noticed that the newer sign (yes, Clearview) had no state designation of 'ARKANSAS'. I know it could have been part of the proposed design, but I haven't (I guessed) noticed it before, until now.

Where was this?  I know they've been (sort of) phasing out the state name for a few years.
Like Alice I Try To Believe Three Impossible Things Before Breakfast

TheArkansasRoadgeek

Quote from: US71 on June 19, 2017, 11:24:20 PM
Quote from: TheArkansasRoadgeek on June 18, 2017, 11:24:04 AM

Where was this?  I know they've been (sort of) phasing out the state name for a few years.
I'll be heading to Little Rock tomorrow for a dental appointment at Children's, I'll get an exit number for reference and/or a mile marker.
Well, that's just like your opinion man...

bugo

I've never seen an interstate shield with Clearview numbers.

Scott5114

I'm guessing that the OP means shields posted on guide signs that use Clearview for their other legend.
uncontrollable freak sardine salad chef

MNHighwayMan

Quote from: bugo on June 24, 2017, 12:44:39 AM
I've never seen an interstate shield with Clearview numbers.

I know I saw someone here post a couple of them from Michigan. I won't re-post the picture because I think it gave me a stroke upon seeing it the first time.

hbelkins

Government would be tolerable if not for politicians and bureaucrats.

brownpelican

bugo

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.