News:

Thank you for your patience during the Forum downtime while we upgraded the software. Welcome back and see this thread for some new features and other changes to the forum.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Northeast / Re: Philadelphia
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 10:33:22 PM
Quote from: Rothman on Today at 10:28:06 PMIt was that old news misspelled BGS that was corrected long ago now.

Yeah, I would not have bothered posting about that again unless I found another misspelled sign in PA.
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: I-69 Ohio River Bridge
Last post by Henry - Today at 10:31:01 PM
Now that I-69 in the Indianapolis area is getting very close to being completed, all the focus should soon shift to the ORX. Aside from the approaches leading to the bridge, are there any updates as to when it'll be built, and what the final design will be? (I'm thinking a tied-arch span would be great for this location, as cable-stayed would be overkill.)
Off-Topic / Re: How much cash do you usual...
Last post by Rothman - Today at 10:29:23 PM
The amount in cash I spend a year is under $500.
Last post by Road Hog - Today at 10:26:51 PM
I get $200 at a time because I hate driving 4 miles to the bank and then waiting in line at the ATM. That lasts me a month normally.

For everything else I use a card that I pay off in full every month. The main thing I hate is balancing a checkbook. I no longer have any checks to write other than maybe a youth fundraiser every once in a while.
Last post by 1995hoo - Today at 10:16:12 PM
Quote from: vdeane on Today at 09:52:01 PM
Quote from: 1995hoo on Today at 03:26:35 PMI don't agree with that because it's quite easy just to go to an automatic checkout at the grocery store or wherever, buy something small, and pay with a $100.
Assuming you can.  Around where I am, a lot of those lanes don't accept cash payment anymore.

The only store I go to that doesn't accept cash at the auto checkout is Wegmans. At this time of year I use Discover there anyway to get the 5% cashback bonus.
Northeast / Re: General PA Design/Construc...
Last post by 74/171FAN - Today at 10:14:02 PM
(Affects PA 60)  PennDOT - District 11 News: I-79 Overnight Ramp Work Begins Monday in Allegheny County

(For PA 65)  PennDOT - District 11 News: Route 65 Ohio River Boulevard, Brighton Heights Boulevard Intersection Overnight Lane Closures Monday Night in Pittsburgh

(For PA 74) PennDOT - District 2 News: PennDOT Announces Short-Term Extension of Juniata County Detour

PennDOT - District 5 News: Lehigh County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Lehigh
Municipality:  Catasauqua Borough
Road name:  Race Street/Bridge Street
Between:  Lehigh Street (Whitehall Twp) and Lehigh Street (Catasauqua Boro.)
Type of work:  Bridge Repair
Work being done by:  Other
Type of restriction:  24 Hours
Restriction:  Road will be closed and detoured for Norfolk Southern Railroad grade crossing work.  Passenger vehicle detour will utilize 3rd Street, Fullerton Avenue, American Parkway, North Dauphin Street, and Lehigh Street. Truck detour will utilize Race Street, Airport Road, Union Boulevard, North Dauphine Street, and Lehigh Street.
Start date:  7/26/24
Est completion date:  7/31/24
Restrictions in effect (time of day):  12:00 AM To 12:00 AM
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 

(For PA 54)  PennDOT - District 5 News: Schuylkill County: Upcoming Road Work

QuoteCounty:  Schuylkill
Municipality:  Rush Twp.
Road name:  PA 54 at Grier Avenue
Between:  - and -
Type of work:  Other
Work being done by:  Other
Type of restriction:  24 Hours
Restriction:  PA 54 will be closed and detoured for Reading Blue Mountain and Northern Railroad crossing repair work. Detour will utilize PA 309 and Interstate 81.
Start date:  7/22/24
Est completion date:  7/26/24
Restrictions in effect (time of day): 
Will rain cause delays?  No
Change/Update: 
Off-Topic / Re: Bob Newhart, Comedy Icon, ...
Last post by Henry - Today at 10:05:13 PM
That's it--No more Japanese food for you!
Great Lakes and Ohio Valley / Re: Mackinac Bridge congestion
Last post by vdeane - Today at 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Flint1979 on Today at 08:16:12 AMEven if someone from Michigan does travel on a toll road outside of Michigan it's not like it's often enough for someone to think oh man I should have an EZPass.
So how often is often enough to warrant getting an E-ZPass?
Canada / Re: Ontario's Highways
Last post by AsphaltPlanet - Today at 09:58:44 PM
Looking southerly along Highway 17 south of Wawa as the highway descends down to Old Woman Bay in Lake Superior Provincial Park:

https://www.asphaltplanet.ca/ON/hwy_17_images/17_cl_DSC01120_Jul24_42x28.jpg

Opinions expressed here on belong solely to the poster and do not represent or reflect the opinions or beliefs of AARoads, its creators and/or associates.