National Boards > Bridges

Help Identifying Tubular Steel Bridge

(1/2) > >>

seicer:
Can you identify the type of truss bridge depicted here?

This structure is the Meadow Lake Farm Bridge, spanning the West Fork Little Kanawha River in Calhoun County, West Virginia. It supports a private driveway and is one of many similar tubular steel bridges in the area. However, the identity of the manufacturer or date of build remains unclear.

bwana39:
This LOOKS like something that a local fabrication shop built. It probably was built from rough plans and not any particular engineering specs. 

plain:

--- Quote from: seicer on November 15, 2023, 10:36:55 PM ---...It supports a private driveway and is one of many similar tubular steel bridges in the area...

--- End quote ---

Yeah umm... I don't think I'd be willing to drive anything on that.

Rothman:

--- Quote from: plain on November 29, 2023, 06:46:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: seicer on November 15, 2023, 10:36:55 PM ---...It supports a private driveway and is one of many similar tubular steel bridges in the area...

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Sissy.  It's been working just fine for the property owner.  Why wouldn't it for you?

plain:

--- Quote from: Rothman on November 29, 2023, 10:56:12 PM ---
--- Quote from: plain on November 29, 2023, 06:46:50 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Sissy.  It's been working just fine for the property owner.  Why wouldn't it for you?

--- End quote ---

For one thing that bridge has obviously seen better days. Plus it's narrow. If I were to guess, the property owner (especially if it's a farm) is either using another bridge or a ford to reach the property with anything heavy.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version